𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

—♛—

Jongin walked over to my bed and sat down comfortably

I leaned against the head board in an attempt to show how I was ready for his story.

"Before all this... all this mafia sh*t I was a mercenary.
For hire.
I was hired by some rich Russian politician to protect his daughter. Big problem...
I fell in love with her."
I gasped a little and he smiled.

"We were walking through the forest in her back garden like we always did. The sun was rising and I held her hand.
She had brown eyes like dark chocolate; like yours Penny."
I smiled a little at his reminiscence.

"We heard a gunshot.
I immediately picked her up and ran back in the direction of the house. I got hit."
He lifted his shirt to show his toned abs and covering
them were scars and wounds.
But one stood out.
A bullet wound.
"I fell to the floor, before picking myself up and running again. She was screaming my name. I was running as fast as I could... but not fast enough.
She was shot through the skull.
Dead immediately.
I ran with her bleeding in my arms. Maybe that's why I hardly ever smile. There's no one to make me smile the way she did. E'dawn knew her.
He gave out her location on orders from his boss.
If it wasn't for him, she might've been alive today."

"I'm... so sorry Jongin."
He began to weep quietly.
Because of my natural instincts I pulled him into a hug.
He was so large compared to my that I was soon shrouded in his huge arms. He leaned his head on my shoulders.
I rubbed his back to keep him calm. "It's okay, I'm here."

"It will never be okay!"
He said getting up and lifting his fist at me. I flinched and fell down onto the bed.
A slight tear fell from my eye.
I knew that one punch would probably be enough to kill me.

He put his fist down and sat back down on my bed.
Crying immensely now.
"I'm sorry." He muttered throughout his tears.
"It's okay, I understand. I lost someone I once loved too."
He furrowed his eyebrows.

"My first love in school.
He was my first for everything."
I looked up to him, he knew what I implied.
"He got cancer. No cure. I had to watch him die and I could do absolutely nothing about it."
He had somehow began to stroke my face as tears were falling from my eyes.
He leaned in and I panicked; pushing him away suddenly.

He licked his lips anxiously.
"I think you should leave.
And no, Baekhyun won't
know about this.
We're friends, that's all. Okay?"
He nodded and began frantically apologising. Running his hands through his hair and muttering under his breath. He was about to flip out. I knew that look, I'd seen it in Baekhyun before.
It was when someone was angry at them self.

I climbed out of bed, my nightgown falling to my knees.
"Jongin, calm down."
I said grabbing a hold of his waist as it was pretty much
the highest I could reach.
'Why am I so small?'
He grabbed me and threw
me on the bed before
climbing on top of me.
He was having a hallucination.
He suddenly lifted his hands to my throat. He was pressing hard and at that moment I was sure I was going to die.

He was pulled off me and thrown against the wall.
By Baekhyun.
He fixed his suit and approached Jongin with his long legs carrying him.
He punched him square in the face, hard enough for Jongin to sink to the ground.
I was coughing but I could still see all this clearly.
Once Baekhyun knew that Jongin wasn't going to try anything else, he walked over to me.
"What on Earth happened?"
"He was hallucinating, he thought I was someone else.
He had no idea what he was doing I promise."
He breathed heavily through his nose and looked behind him to Jongin who was bleeding slightly from his nose.

"Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm okay. Just more in shock than anything."
He picked me up from the bed and hugged me softly. He released me slowly before voicing his orders.
"Would you clean him up and take him downstairs? He needs a little sleep on the sofa.
I want his neck to hurt in the morning." I got up and walked to him, carrying him into the bathroom. No words uttered throughout the whole of the process of cleaning his face.

He looked at me the whole time but I did not dare look at him.
Once I was finished he grabbed me and looked into my eyes.
I shivered a little, before he kissed me softly on my forehead and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back.
As we pulled away he began to caress my bruised neck with back of his hands.

"I'm so sorry."

I shook my head.
It wasn't his fault his brain had been through a metaphysical blender throughout the years.
He was a mercenary.
Meaning he's probably seen some scary stuff throughout his lifetime. I understood.
"It's okay. Now come on.
Let's get you to the sofa.
I think it's a fair punishment."
He laughed.

"Do you know how much that sofa makes your neck ache?"
"Nope and never will."
I said laughing, before
pulling him up and bringing him downstairs. I laid him on the sofa and walked back up to my room. Baekhyun was waiting on the bed for me.

"You okay?
What's with the phone call?"
"I'm fine, and it was nothing.
Just someone trying to cause a scene for no reason. As usual."
He pulled me into a straddle.
I stroked his head and he sighed in relaxation. His long fingers were massaging my hips deeply. My hands were still massaging his hair, while his lips began to make a trail from my neck upwards.

"I hope your not imagining someone else being here."
He said.

I opened my mouth.
'Did he know Jongin tried to kiss me?'

"I would never."

"Good."
He said in between kissing.

"Because I don't share."