𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔.

—♛—

His whole aura changed when I uttered those words

His whole aura changed when I uttered those words. The glass of champagne in his hands was thrown on the ground furiously. One of the things I had always known about Baekhyun is that he was very good at keeping his anger in.
Or turning it into mischief.

But, he was angry.

"I need to tell you something else, Baekhyun. Me and Jongin, I know what you think about us. I swear on my life we are just friends. But last night he was in such a state he tried to kiss me." He looked unsettled and even more angry now.
"I've never really done this before." I muttered to myself.
"Done what?" He managed to say gently amongst the fury.

"A confession... Baekhyun, I love you so much and I seriously don't think I'd want to live without you. You're crazy we all know that but... I'd rather you be stark raving mad than boring. And you make me feel... so warm whenever I'm with you." He smiled.

"You have no idea how much I love you Penelope

"You have no idea how much I love you Penelope. I really hope that my unwillingness to show my emotions doesn't come to make you believe I don't.
Because - believe me - I do."

"Could you just wait here?"
He said before walking gracefully inside.

"That was beautiful. But what got him so angry in the first place, may I ask?"
I turned around to face Taemin leaned against the wall of the house, his head lowered slightly and a little smile on his face. He came off his perch and walked towards me.
"Someone who... hurt me and threatened me is here. I told him. Why do you want to know?" He chuckled playfully.
"Why wouldn't I?"

He stood closely to me now, there was some sort of intimacy in the moment as all sounds around me were blurred.
"I like the gossip. And we all know Baekhyun's character.
He's not a well known hothead.
Psychopath? Yes.
But he's never had anger management issues. What is it about you that unlocks all his hidden emotions?" I looked down and licked my lips, then rubbed them together. I worried myself with what Baekhyun was doing.

I was suddenly pushed down to the floor. I screamed but Taemin's hand had clasped itself over my mouth. I was then enlightened to hear again.

Gunshots.

Multiple being fired around inside, he had pushed me to save me. The blue haired prince helped me up and smiled at me.
"A thank you, is in order I suppose." I said knowing that is what he would request.
"Well, you're far too pretty to die tonight. Plus, I like Baekhyun and I'd rather stay on EXO's good side then be a  victim to one of their kill offs. I want to die in my bed when I'm 110 or something. Not here."
I laughed, he was good.

"Come on, let's get you somewhere safe." He said fixing his suit, with a - may I say - transparent shirt underneath. It was sexy.
"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, with confidence in my voice.
"I just saved your life woman. If I wanted you dead, why didn't I let someone else do it?"
"Maybe you want the pleasure yourself." I said, speaking my mind. I knew Baekhyun well which meant I could get inside the head of men similar.

"You watch too many films my dear." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the house. I looked in and on one side was EXO.
The other: Jackson and his minions. I smiled at Baekhyun.
Sehun was fighting hand to hand with everyone and winning easily. I laughed a little as Baekhyun was stood exactly in the centre and just simply looked around and smiling. It was one of mischief and had a glint of anger.
"Jackson. I wonder, has the 'disappearing act' run out of tricks?" Baekhyun asked a beaten up Jackson who was being held by Chanyeol (who towered above us all).

Jackson laughed.
"It's not tricks Baekhyun.
It's simply mastermind."
"What you, 'mastermind'? Please. Spare the fact that you threatened my wife, touched her without permission and then hired every assassin in the immediate area to finish your job. I call you a coward and a fool. Only real men do their dirty work." He pulled out the gun. Baekhyun's gun.
The one he only ever uses on 'special occasions' as he calls it.

It was blue and bejewelled with small sapphires. He would go on about how a Ukrainian artist owed him a lot of money.
Baekhyun enjoyed art too much to kill a creator of it so he made a bargain. 'Make the most beautiful gun you can, if I like it you live if not... times ticking.' Or something along those lines.

"Now, it's time for the only disappearing act you have no control over. See you in hell, I suppose." He said before shooting him through the skull.

I was shocked at the brutality.
My hands were shaking while they entered Taemin's soft ones. He was trying to calm me down. But there were few people who could do that, one of them was running towards me.

"Pennt, are you alright?"
Lay said, snatching my hands away from Taemin to make his attempt to stop them from shaking. I sunk to the floor.
'I swear I was losing my sanity.'

Everyone has a dark streak, but whenever I see Baekhyun's I have a panic attack of some sort. He's a different person.
I love him so much.
But his dark streak is haunting.
Haunting in a way that makes me want to tame it. Or... maybe I already have.
I just feel helpless.
He always protects me.

My husband came out and didn't say a word as he walked me over to the pool.
The water shimmered and moved calmly, lapping against the side of onus structure.

"Enemies are everywhere my darling." He said holding my hands and keeping them from shaking too much. "All I have ever done, is keep you safe from those who would wish to hurt you. They know..."

I began to cry, so he held my face in his hands. "They know that if anything happened to you, I would not live with myself. That... that is my weakness."

"Then tell me... why do I feel constantly in danger, accept for when you are here? You say you protect me, yet I - myself - feel defenceless."

"I am your defence."