Chapter Thirty/Epilouge

A/N read next chapter for important information

“I don’t see why we’re letting her pull it out.”

Chris Argent rolled his eyes. Somehow, he thought it was a fantastic idea for Araya (yes, leader of the werewolf hunting Calaveras) to pull the stake out of her stomach. Scarlett didn’t agree.

“We do not let our own suffer, little Siren.” Araya said in her heavy accent.

“You don’t consider me one of your own, Araya. Why are you helping me?” Scarlett remarked.

“Because Christophe considers you as a daughter of sorts and you have the makings of a good hunter, even with your… affliction.” Scarlett smiled wanly at the word affliction. Araya made it sound like an illness. An illness that made her skin shimmer and gave her a distinct urge to murder people. But her eyes softened at the mention of Chris. “Now, seeing as I’m the only one who knows how to safely pull a wooden stake out from between someone’s ribs, will you sit still?”

Scarlett looked at Chris who nodded. “Fine. Pull the glorified twig out of – “ Scarlett was cut off by her own scream and Araya pulled the stake straight out in one swift motion. “That’s pulling it out ‘safely’?!”

Araya ignored her, simply putting down the wooden fragment and pressing a cloth to the wound to stem the gushing blood. Scarlett was surprised that she hadn’t passed out yet. Argent patted her back as the wound closed up alarmingly fast.

Scarlett hadn’t had a chance to talk to anyone yet. As soon as she had spoken in La iglaesia, everyone seemed to realise that she need immediate attention. Liam had grabbed her and everyone had rushed outside to find a butt naked Derek, the Calavera’s and thankfully Chris Argent. As soon as Araya had seen the injury, some of her goons had taken Scarlett, placed her down on the back of one of the cars and she dealt with the injury. Chris had assured her friends that she was fine, told them to stay away for a while so Araya could deal with it and then went inside the Church to jack Peter up with some wolfs bane. It had taken a lot of convincing from Argent to even let Araya near her.

She had, of course, been relieved to find Derek definitely not dead. She had also been pissed when she found out that Kate was definitely still alive.

Argent came and lifted Scarlett’s shirt a little so he and Araya could watch as the wound stitched itself back together. Scarlett sighed in relief as the pain faded. As soon as Scarlett had stopped enjoying the ecstasy of not having a gaping hole in her ribs, she sat up and slapped Argent on the arm.

It didn’t look like it even remotely hurt him but he still asked, “What was that for?”

“That,” Scarlett said, “was for not answering my calls! You scared me.”

Argent smiled, “Flat battery. Next time I’ll call you to let you know I’m okay.”

Scarlett had been smiling along but it slowly faded, “It’s not over is it?” It wasn’t really a question.

Chris sighed. “For now it is. Go. Spend some time with your friends and that boy you like. You deserve it, Scar.”

She got up from her seat and placed her hands on his shoulder wrapping him in a hug. She didn’t say anything else, just squeezed her eyes tight, savouring the last hug they would share for a long while. She hated that he was going to find Kate with the Calaveras without her, but she knew she was needed in Beacon Hills more.

“You remind me of her, you know?”

Scarlett smiled again. “I’m nothing like her.”

Chris grinned slightly. “You’re complete opposite of Allison personality wise. But you were both brave. And every time I see you, I remember out Friday night dinners where the two of you would smile at each other, as if every time you spoke, you were sharing some kind of secret. I miss her less when you’re around.”