Chapter Six

Most people didn’t think it, but Scarlett had friends other than the pack. That’s why she was making her way down to where the buses were dropping off all the freshman. Well, the unlucky freshman who didn’t have rides from older friends or siblings. Scarlett had been having a weird feeling in her stomach all morning and she needed a distraction. She was making an effort to have normal friends that weren’t even remotely supernatural, people she could vent to or cry to about normal things. Like school or her parents. Last night had made her realise that even though she loved all her friends and would help them out any way she could, she needed something normal in her life. It’s why she was hanging out with Garret, Mason and Violet more. Mason was in a couple of her freshman classes and was Liam’s best friend. Scott and Stiles couldn’t complain about him because she had an excuse to hang around with him. Garret and Violent were an on again off again couple. All the times she had made out with him had been when they were off. When she had met Violet she thought she was going to slpa Scarlett but she had just started talking like nothing had happened. But she knew Violet knew. Scar had confronted her about it. Violet had told her that it was okay because she knew it didn’t mean anything. Out of all her non-supernatural friends, Violet was the closest.

“I am not watching another movie again on Friday night.” Garett groaned, “Mason there has to be something going on?”

“Not for Freshman there isn’t.” Scarlett laughed, jumping over the railing to join them walking next to Violet.

“Dude remember we’re Freshman right? As Scarlett pointed out. We just got off a school bus. We won’t exactly be hitting the clubs till 4am.” Scarlett giggled.

Mason rolled his eyes. “Then how come Scar gets invited to parties every Friday night. She’s technically a Freshman.”

“That’s because technically I throw those parties.” She remarked.

Violet sighed, totally done with Mason, Garett and Scarlett argueing. “Okay, movie at your place. At nine?” Mason nodded in agreement and Scarlett snorted in amusement. She would definitely be doing something much more exciting tonight. Like making sure all her werewolf friends didn’t maul innocent children.

Violet and Garett started walking off, Violet was looking at her expectantly. Their classes were side by side. So Scarlett walked quickly catching up to them, yelling back at Mason “You’re looking hot today Mase! Maybe you’ll finally work up the courage to ask ‘whatsiname’ out!”

“Doubtful!” he called after her. She giggled a bit and turned to Garret and Violet who were both watching in amusement. Scar just gave them a smile.

“You know, it wouldn’t hurt for you to throw us freshman a little one of those famous Martin sister party.” Garret said jokingly.

Violet seemed to register the change in her mood. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

Scar sighed. “Nothing. I just- I wish I could but Mom told me last night that we’re having money trouble. I really wish I could Garret but I cant right now. I’m so sorr-“

“Don’t you dare apologise!” Violet let go off Garret’s hand to grab hers, stopping her in her tracks. “We don’t’ need a party. Okay? Garret’s being an idiot.”

Garret nodded in agreement, acting as if he hadn’t heard Violet’s last comment. “We are happy to spend our Friday nights watching movies at Mason’s. Are you coming this time?” Scarlett was thankful that Mason had changed the subject but she couldn’t go tonight.

He groaned, noticing the guilty look on her face. “Again, Martin?”

“Next week, I promise. I have some things to take care of okay?”