Chapter Seven

Scarlett was kind of freaking out now. Violet had dragged Scar to her room upstairs. Both Scarlett and Lydia had a few sets of clothes there in case of emergencies. Vi had decided that her skinny jeans, booties and loose top weren’t good enough and had forced her to put on her only party dress she had there. A white, lace skater dress and nude pumps. She looked great and was having fun dancing for a while until Lydia demanded her to help her out.

She walked into the kitchen, stressed out of her mind. That feeling in her stomach kept getting more intense. I was like that feeling you get when you knew something horrible was going to happen but a thousand times worse. A guy in some kind of uniform was wheeling a keg into the kitchen. She vaguely noticed that Garret was leaning on the bench but she ignored him.

“Okay, I didn’t order a keg of beer. Especially not domestic.” It was kind of rude, but she was having an off day.

“Somebody ordered it. Are you telling me nobody here wants to drink?” the guy said smugly. She looked around, grudgingly. He was right. But she was pissed and needed to insult someone. But before she could she noticed that her laptop was on the kitchen bench with a glass of her grandmothers expensive wine placed on it.

“Who put this here?” she called, looking around, before turning to Garret. He just shook his head. “This laptop is $2000.” She muttered, looking at Mason. She willed him to understand. “That bottle of wine is $400.” She snatched the bottle out of his hands.

“Sorry.”

She sighed, “Do you know who ordered the keg?”

He hesitated before saying, “I think it was Greenberg.”

“What the hell is Greenberg doing at my party?” before he could answer, she turned towards the keg guy. “How much, fur face?”

He handed her a slip of paper. Her eyes widened. She couldn’t afford that. Garret leaned over her shoulder and whistled.

At that moment Lydia stomped into the kitchen. She grabbed the receipt and started pestering the guy. Scarlett started zoning out. They couldn’t afford this. And they were so screwed. Scar grabbed the wine and leaned on the dinner table. She looked to the side and saw Mason walking up the stairs. She didn’t mind but she knew Lydia would throw a fit. She was about to go after him but Lydia rushed past her. She could handle it.

“I opened the bottle of wine, so I should probably pay for the keg.” Garret said, handing the guy some money.

“Garret, you don’t have to do that-“

“Don’t worry, I don’t mind.”

She vaguely wondered where he got the money but she pushed it to the back of her mind. She sighed and sat on the dinner table. She needed to sit down. She started to a burning behind her eyes, a promise of an onslaught of tears. It was all becoming too much. There was too much death. Too much stress. But she refused to cry. She was stronger than that. Allison taught her that.

“You okay?”

Scar let looked up to see Garret kneeling in front of her. She wasn’t’ but she just smiled.

“I’ll be fine.”

“You sure because I can literally see your stress coming out of your pores. It’s coming out in waves.”

She laughed a little. It was good to have friends like Garret and Violet. Normal. Like it used to be. They understood things like money problems and friend pproblems. Those things were a big deal to them. Where as to Scott and Stiles, that wasn’t exactly something they would worry about. At least not with the werewolves running around Beacon Hills. But her human friends were vulnerable. They couldn’t defend themselves. So she would have to keep them out of danger.