Chapter 53

My eyes slowly opened. The sun was shining brightly in my eyes. I was laying in a bed. I could feel a warm body next to me. It was Logan. He was fast asleep. 

I sat up in the bed and placed my feet onto the floor. I stood and left the room. 

I had no idea what I was doing, but I decided to get something to drink to clear my head. 

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked inside. Of course, it was completely full of food. My mouth began to water as I began to pull out bread and eggs. I began to toast the bread and cook the eggs in a skillet. I began to brew some coffee as well. 

As I waited, I thought about what happened last night. Well, what I remembered at least. 

Julia had been shot by one of Logan's guards. As the ambulances were on their way, Logan appeared out of nowhere and seemed to be in good condition. A few minutes later, Peyton started to call out to me saying he had been looking for me. Soon after he was shot. By whom I was not sure. 

Soon, the ambulances came and took both of them away. Logan took me inside to calm me down because I was crying and shaking. Later, he carried me up to the bedroom where I had then fallen asleep. Now here we are. 

I wonder if Julia's okay. I quickly entered the living room and switched on the television. I changed the channel to the local news, waiting to here something. It was on a commercial break. I took this time to fix myself a plate of food. After, I sat down on the couch and waited. 

Then it was time to watch. 

"Today on Local News, two people were shot before the Python mansion. This occurred at 11 o'clock at night. One man and one woman were the victims at the scene of the crime." The reporter said. "As of now, they are both in critical condition."

Critical...Condition...

I could feel my throat starting to swell up. I swallowed away the intense feeling to cry and continued to watch on. I once again watched one of the scenes that had occurred last night. Julia and Peyton were being taken away in an ambulance and the police coming up to us to ask questions. I remembered not being able to answer any of them because I was crying so much. 

I looked away from the tv and looked down at my empty plate. I hadn't even realized that I had been eating this whole time. 

"Breaking News!" the reporter said. "As of now, one of the victims of last nights crime... has been pronounced dead."

***

I was running. I was running as fast as I could through the hospital. My fiance was behind me, running as well. I had told him the news. He had the same desires as I did. Even though he wasn't as close to her as I was, it still meant a lot to him to see someone I was worried so much about. 

"Bunny!" Logan called out. "Wait!" 

"Why? The door is right there!" Her room was right down the hall. I had to see her. Even if this would be the last time. 

Logan quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me toward him. His arms circled my body as he hugged me tight.

"Logan?"

"Shhh, listen. I'm so sorry about everything that has happened lately, Bunny. I feel like ever since I proposed to you... all hell broke loose. It was like... no one wanted us to get married. I have felt terrible about all this drama and bullshit. I know how much you have been hurting because I have been too. I just want to get married to you already! I don't want to wait anymore! I don't want to see you hurt anymore without me! I want us to be together for real so all this ridiculous drama can end! Once its official... no one can tear us apart. No matter who wants us or hates us... it won't change a thing! I just-!" I silenced him by pressing my lips up against his. I couldn't bear to hear anything else. 

It was all true. Everything he was saying was true. Ever since he got down on one knee, the world decided to test us. I guess in way... it was testing our relationship. The world was testing how strong we were and if our relationship was really worth it. It was. Through all this drama and bullshit we still held hands, we still kissed and we still hugged. We didn't let these struggles ruin what's the most important to us. Which is... love. 

"It's okay, Logan. I know. Believe me this has been one hell of a ride. I just... can't believe all this happened. In a way, I'm glad it did. I'm glad that I'm still here with you. You have been all that mattered to me through all this. I have always worried about you and only you. I... I love you so much, sweetheart! That's what matters right?" I said, my tears starting to fall.

"I love you too, Bunny. I love you more than anything in the world, sweetheart." He whispered to me, caressing my cheek. I stood on my toes and kissed his lips once again. He held me tighter. 

As I pulled away, I looked up into his shining eyes and smiled. "Lets do this okay. After this, we can get married."

"Yes, my love. After this..." Slowly, Logan took my hand in his. Our fingers intertwined. We began to walk down the hall and toward the door. I took in a deep breath, and pushed it open. 

A cold breeze rushed in my face and a bright light shined. There she was, holding her child in her arms. 

"Julia!" I yelled, rushing toward her. 

"Hannah?" She looked up at me in surprise, but quickly smiled. 

I knelt down in front of her bed and started to cry. Her little girl watched me curiously. She was too young to understand. I hope she would never understand. 

"You're alive," I sobbed. "I can't believe your alive."

"Hannah, stop crying. Please." Julia said. "I'm all right."

"I-I'm just so glad you're okay!"

"So am I. She is too." She said looking down at her daughter. "Isn't that right, Julie?"

She cooed with a smile on her face. Their child was absolutely adorable. I didn't have any younger siblings, so I have never been this close to a baby. But as I thought about it, it made me upset. This child would grow up without a father. 

Julia must've known that I was thinking this. "Hannah... my daughter and I will be okay. I know that it'll be hard to find another man who would love her as much as Peyton did, but as a mother... it's my job to try." She smiled and kissed her daughters forehead. For a moment, I wondered if this could've been me if Peyton hadn't dumped me. Maybe it would've. But... lets not think about what could've happened. Lets think about what did.

A few weeks later, Julia was released from the hospital. During that time, a funeral was held for Peyton. Julia nor I went. Although many people would've been happy to see the person who ruined them be gone forever but that wasn't the case. Regardless of the situation I was upset because I remembered the good days I had with Peyton, but soon enough the bad days clouded over them. Julia felt the same way. We both had different experiences with that man that we will never forget. 

On that day, Logan, Julia and I spent time with the baby. She got used to us quickly, especially Logan. She crawled to him a lot, puked on him and even fell asleep in his arms. It made me want a child. 

A few days after that, Grace had gotten married. It was a beautiful wedding. Violet was the maid of honor while Beverly and I were bridesmaids. We cried the entire time. Even Violet did. Logan, Charles and Nick were there as well, clapping with the rest of the audience.

As their limo drove away into the sunset, Violet told Charles she wanted to get married. 

I couldn't believe it. Neither could Charles who stood there speechless the whole time. 

It was a wonderful couple of weeks, but now it was the week of my marriage to Logan. The most important week of my life. 

I was ready.

*****************************************************************

Hello! Hello! Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter! I almost cried! Did you?

One more chapter left of Hidden Riches!

I'm so sad to let it go, but its time for their happy ending to arrive!

See you next Friday! Maybe sooner...

Remember to vote and comment! 

Sincerely, Heaven