Chapter 28

"So, a waitress wants to hang out with you?" Violet asked, taking her popcorn from the microwave. "That's weird."

"Would you come with me, Violet? It'll be fun."

"Well... I don't really like to hang out with women like that. She could be crazy for all we know."

"Violet, she has a kid."

"That's how she became crazy!" She yelled at me, shoving a bag of chips in my face.

I took the chips from her hands. "I brought ice cream."

"Where?" She said, running to the fridge.

"In the back of the freezer." I said, ripping open the bag of chips.

"The back? Were you trying to hide it from me?"

"Last time you ate it all before the movie even started."

"Don't worry, Hannah. I learned my lesson. It gave me gas for days." She took the big tube of ice cream from the freezer and sat on the couch with me.

I loved Violet's house. It was so small and comfy. The house had smooth wooden floors, small windows covered with yellow curtains and violet colored couches. Photos of her and her family littered the walls. She had younger sisters who were twins and a puppy. I realized she didn't have a father figure in any of the photos.

"Violet?"

"Hm?"

"How come you don't have a Dad in any of those photos?"

"He left." She simply said and pried the cap from the Ice cream.

"Oh. Sorry." I said. Why in the hell did you ask that, Hannah?!

"What's there to be sorry about? He died two years ago."

"W-what happened to him?" Stop it, you idiot!

"I don't know. I just remember my mom telling me he was dead over the phone. She seemed pretty upset, but nothing too hysterical. We didn't attend his funeral either."

"Did you want to?" Ugh!

"I guess you could say that. Whether he loved me of not he was still my dad. You only get one of those, Hannah. When it's gone, it's gone... I also wanted to piss on his grave. Ha!"

Hearing her say that reminded me of Logan's parents. After all they did to  him, why did they show up now? They must want something from him.

"Hannah? Hannah?"

"Huh?" I said, snapping from my thoughts.

"What movie are we going to watch?"

"I guess we could watch Jurassic World. It seems like a good movie." 

She groaned. "You know, if Dinosaurs really did come back to life... I would be fine."

"What about me?"

"Dead." She laughed. "You wouldn't last a day, Hannah!"

Well, she's not wrong. I can't run for shit.

Once we finished bickering about the recreation of dinosaurs, we watched the movie and ate snacks.

In the middle of the movie, her phone began to buzz. 

"It's Charles. Should I answer it?"

"He's your boyfriend, right?"

"No! That was just a fling."

"Then answer it. There's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"Hello?" She held the phone up to her ear. "What is it, Charles?"