Chapter 43

I knocked on the front door of Violet's house. My heart was pounding in my chest. I balled up my fists and exhaled. Today was the day I was going to tell Violet Logan and I were engaged.

What would she think? Would she be happy, upset, or surprised...

Hopefully, she's happy. I can't take another upset person over our engagement. I would hate it if Violet disapproved. She was my best friend after all. 

"Coming!" I heard Grace yell from the inside. She swung open the front door and gave me a giant smile. "Hannah!" She jumped up and hugged me. "It's so nice to see you!"

"Hi Grace!" I said as she pulled away. As I looked at her, I noticed something different. She was glowing and her stomach had grown. 

Was she pregnant?

"Notice anything different?" She said, twirling around in her purple dress. "I look different, don't I?"

"Well... your stomach." I nervously said. "It's bigger."

"Sorry." She giggled. "I just couldn't stay away from the Nachos!"

Hannah! Are you dumb?

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I thought-"

"You thought I was pregnant didn't you?"

"Yes, I did. Sorry."

"That's because... I am!" She yelled.

She and I squealed together. "You're pregnant, Grace? Congratulations!"

"Aww, thank you. I'm only a few weeks along so don't get too excited... BAM!" She said, showing me her right hand. On her ring finger was a diamond ring. "Look!"

"You're engaged?!" 

"Indeed I am. This little lady has been having a lot of fun with her boyfriend lately."

"I can tell! Congrats once again, Grace!"

"Thanks! Now, come inside! We haven't seen you in a while, Hannah. We want to hear everything."

I walked inside behind her. Violet and Beverly were lounging on the couch, eating snacks and watching a movie. "Hannah!" Beverly yelled. "You actually showed up!"

"Of course I did!" I said, jumping onto her and Violet.

"Hey!" Violet yelled. "Too much love!"

"Really Violet?" I said. "I've missed you guys!"

"Oh, we missed you too." Beverly said and hugged me. 

"Alright, tell us about your special date with Logan." Violet said. "It's been a while since then, huh?"

"Yeah."

"You remember the date, don't you?"

"Of course I do. I don't think I'll ever forget it." My cheeks burned. 

"Ohh, you're blushing. Come on! Spill the beans!" Beverly said, sitting up.

"Um... well... after we left the building, we went back to the house for dinner,"

"The house? I thought you were going to a fancy ass restaurant." Violet said, turning down the television.

"I kinda did too. We had spaghetti for dinner."

"That. Sounds. Delicious." Grace said. 

"It was!"

"That's not very romantic." Violet says.

"Wait! Be a little more patient! I'm not done yet. Okay, so after dinner we talked about a lot of the bullshit we've gone through and then we danced."