Chapter 26

Hannah POV

"Let's go out to lunch today." Logan said. "I know the perfect restaurant we could go to."

"Oh my goodness! What is rich people food like?" Mom beamed. "Caviar? Fish-"

"Mom!" I said.

"Oh! I-I apologize!" She quickly collected herself. "What's the food like around here?"

"It's actually pretty good." Logan said. "But... I do have a favorite. It's a burger place."

I wanted to scream in excitement but I didn't.

"We don't have to leave until noon, so you'll have plenty of time to get ready."

I went upstairs to my room and took a shower. I washed my long hair. I should really cut it. Once I finished, I stepped out the shower and dressed. I pulled on blue jeans and another turtleneck. It was snowing today. I wanted to be warm.

I pulled my fur boots on my feet. I brushed my hair then pulled it into a high ponytail. I started on the homework Violet told me I missed until noon. I rushed down the stairs to Logan. He was sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the floor.

"Logan?" I said smiling. "What are you doing?"

"Hm?" He looked up. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. Never mind." I said, walking past him. "Come on, let's go."

In two minutes, we were in the car driving down the road with my parents. "I have never been in a Lamborghini before!" Mom yelled. "It's amazing! Rich people have it all!"

I let out a sigh and watched the city flash by. It was so beautiful.

"We should get a house around here, Don." Mom said. "We would get to see Hannah everyday!"

"Miranda, do you have any idea how expensive a house around here would cost? We don't have that kind of money."

"I do." Mom shrugged.

"What do you mean you do?!" Dad yelled.

"Mom! Dad! Could you two stop with all the arguing? Please?" I said, looking back at them.

"Alright, alright." Mom said, crossing her arms over her chest. "We'll keep calm."

I continued to look out the window. Logan was being unaturally silent. His face was blank as he stared at the road.

"Logan?" I said.

"Hm?" He looked up at me. "Did I pass a red light?"

I stared at him for a moment in silence. "Umm, no. Never mind."

He looked back onto the road and continued to stare.

"Here we are." He said as we approached a small brown restaurant. He parked in the empty lot and we climbed out the car.

"Oh, this looks like a place we would go to doesn't it honey?" Mom said, smiling at Dad. "Memories."

"I don't remember this,"

Mom quickly frowned. "Shut up! Don't joke around like that!"

"Shall we go in?" Logan asked.

"Yes please!" I said.

Logan held the door open for us as we walked in. They followed me to a booth. We sat down. The table was completely made of glass with salt shakers and napkins laying on top of it. The restaurant looked old fashioned inside. Everything looked to be either made of wood or glass. Photos of people who I assumed to be the owners scattered the walls.