Chapter 40

Logan POV

I didn't understand. Months ago, we were attacked by Jason and his goons. Yet, her parents still don't trust me, even though I practically risked my life to save their daughter. Maybe if I actually would have died, they would understand better. 

But still, I wanted to try to get them to like me again. It was so nerve-wracking. I could already tell Bunny had given up, that's why she lied to me. I wasn't upset with her at all though, I mean, it wasn't her fault her parents hated me. 

"Logan?" Bunny's sweet voice called out to me. "We really don't have to do this. If they don't want to come to the wedding, then we shouldn't force them."

"Bunny, will you stop lying to yourself? You know you want them there." I said, stopping the car in front of her parent's house. 

"Look, as long as you, Beverly, Violet, and Grace are there, I don't care about anything else. That sounds like a perfect wedding to me."

"Bunny, what if Violet didn't want to come? Would you just let that go?" I turned to her. Violet is her best friend. She would be devastated if she didn't want to come to the wedding. 

"Well... I haven't even told her yet." She said, looking out the window. 

"Answer the question."

"No... I guess I wouldn't."

"What makes her any different than your parents?"

"She didn't give birth to me, Logan."

I rolled my eyes. "Another reason."

"She listens to me. She doesn't talk over me or treat me like a little kid. I'm treated like an adult when I'm with her."

"You are an adult, Bunny."

"With my parents, I'm a sixteen-year-old."

"No matter who you're with Bunny, your age doesn't change. The way they treat you does. Bunny, if you hate the way they talk to you, then tell them to stop. You're an adult now, you can do whatever you want."

"I know, but regardless, they're still my parents."

I let out a sigh. "Come on, let's go in. You're going to tell them everything you just told me."

"WHAT?! No!" Bunny shouted. "I'm not telling them that!"

"Why not?"

"That's embarrassing!"

"But it's the truth. Come on, tell them how much you hate the way they treat you."

"No, they won't listen!"

"Okay!" I held my hands up in defense. "Come down, okay babe? Let's just go inside and handle all this bullshit."

"Fine!" She yelled at me, then swung the car door open. She hopped out, then stormed up the stairs like an angry toddler. I left out the door, then followed her. 

She began to bang on her parent's door like a maniac. "Open up! It's your angry daughter!"

"Bunny stop!" I said, grabbing her by her waist. "You're acting like a maniac!"

"Only maniacs are adults, right?!"

"Bunny, I never said you weren't an adult. You're just not acting like one."

"Ughhhh!" she yelled in frustration. "You know what Logan, shut up."

"Excuse me?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Shut up. Shut up until I ask for you to talk, okay? I'm pissed right now and don't want to hear you preaching over me."

I nodded my head in agreement. I wouldn't dare argue with her right now. 

The front door of the house swung open. Her mother was behind it, looking as elegant as the first time I saw her. She dressed as if she was royalty. She was in a long, sparkly, silver dress and tall white heels. Her hair was perfectly straightened. Her face was made up beautifully with makeup. She must be going out tonight with Don. 

"Hello, Hannah. Hello Logan." She said, looking the both of us up and down.

I said nothing but nod my head. 

"Why did you come here?" Miranda asked.

"We came here to talk to you and Dad about coming to the wedding," Bunny said, laying her hands on her hips.

"Our decision is final," Miranda said. "We have no intention of coming to the wedding."

"Can't you give Logan another chance? That stupid attack wasn't even his fault! It was Chloe's! She was just being a jealous whore!"

"I know that, Hannah," Miranda said. 

"Then why won't you come to the wedding?!"

"Because of you. The reason you two were attacked is that you're with him, right? That girl was jealous of you, Hannah. I don't want to watch you get married to this man because that girl will get jealous all over again and maybe try to kill you this time!"

This time, Bunny was silent. She hung her head low. How could Miranda say something like that to her? Blaming that stupid situation on her own daughter?

"Would you still like to try to persuade us to come to the wedding?" Miranda asked. "Try as you must, but we won't change your minds."

Bunny's head lowered. Her dark brown eyes filled with tears. "Fine. I'm not gonna try if it doesn't change anything." she turned and began to walk down the stairs. 

I nodded my head at Miranda, then went down the stairs to Bunny. She was sitting on the last step, her knees to her chest. 

I sat down next to her, only to hear her sobbing. I knew she was yelling at herself from inside. She hated crying, but she knew she couldn't control it. I circled my arm around her shoulder and pulled her toward me, laying her head on my shoulder. 

As I sat there with her, I thought about why her parents didn't like me. Because of Jason and his goons... and because of Chloe. Chloe... all this happened because of her! I can't have a happy marriage with my future wife because I decided to be an idiot and screw Chloe. I was so stupid! How could I fall for someone like that?

Because of Chloe, I was put in a hospital. Because of Chloe... Bunny's parents hate me. Because of her jealousy, Bunny is upset. 

I'm done talking to Bunny's parents for now. It's time to talk to Chloe and settle all this bullshit. 

****************************************************
Hello, my lovely readers! I know, this chapter is a bit short! I've been really busy lately and haven't had time to make a long chapter. Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed it. The next chapter is gonna be... well you'll see.

Tell me what you think of this chapter. 

See you next Friday

Sincerely Heaven