Chapter 23

"What the fuck is this?" Dad said, looking between Logan and I.

Logan quickly pulled away from me. "Mr. Sky-"

"Hannah, you're dating this stranger? I had a feeling no one could ever take in a girl out of kindness!"

"Dad-"

"No Hannah! Miranda, we're leaving." He glared at Logan, they went towards Mom on the couch.

"We're leaving already?" Mom pouted. "I wanted to see the hot tub."

"Let's go, now." Dad growled.

"Mr. Sky!" Logan said, walking after him. I was right behind him. "Listen, please. I did take Bunny in out of kindness, I can promise you that. But... I have developed feelings for your daughter."

"I have feelings for him too, Dad." I said. "W-we're together." It was so strange to say that.

Logan hands fell to his sides. "I apologize Mr and Mrs. Sky. We should've told you this from the start."

Dad slid his hands into his pockets. He stared at the both of us. He let out a long sigh. "Hannah, are you happy with Logan?"

"Very happy, Dad." I took Logan's hand in mine. He squeezed it.

"I see," he rubbed his chin. "If you're happy with him, then I guess I'll have to deal with it. He did take you in after all..."

"Thank you, Dad!" I ran and hugged him.

Logan sighed in relief.

Once I made the hot chocolate, I sat 4 cups on the table. I stared at my floating marshmellows. They slowly began to disintegrate in the hot liquid. I quickly drunk them.

"Do you play any sports Logan?" Dad asked him, dumping marshmellows into his mug.

"Yes. I play basketball."

"Are you good?"

"I used to be. But I will be leaving the team in a few weeks."

"Really? You plan on leaving soon?" Dad asked Logan.

"Yes sir, I am. Recently, I haven't been my best."

"What will you do once you quit?"

"I'll have more time to spend with your daughter." He smiled big, showing off his bright teeth.

I rinsed my cup out in the sink to hide my red face. I can't believe he just said that to my Dad! Although I was embarrassed, I couldn't help but smile.

After that, Logan gave my parents a tour of the house. He and I held hands as we walked around with them.

"That's the hot tub there." Logan said once we stepped outside. A big golden hot tub sat outside. I remebered seeing it the first day I was here. I touched the precious metal. I knocked on it. "Is this real gold?" I asked Logan.

"Of course it is, Bunny. This hot tub was 100k." he smiled at me. "How about we take a dip in it, tonight?"

I looked down into 100k tub. Am I worthy enough to be in here?

"S-sure." I said to him. I would be naked with Logan at night in hot water. Normally, I would be nervous. Instead I was excited.

"That hot tub was absolutely wonderful." Mom said when we entered the house again. "I have never ever seen anything made entirely of gold before. I was not disappointed."

I wanted to make dinner on my own, but Mom insisted on helping me. We made spaghetti and meatballs.

After dinner we sat in the living room and watched tv. We were watching a talk show called: "The Public Eye".