12- Surrendered

12- Kidnapped by Vampires? But it's My Time of the Month!

-----------------------------------L

I feel a cold breath on my neck. Leaning back, I look up at Daniel with incredulous eyes. He's holding his stomach and bending over with his breath coming out in puffs. He's. Freaking. Laughing. I can't believe it. I almost wet myself and he's laughing.

"Daniel, what the hell is going on?" I ask stonily, my tone not amused at all.

"I'...m so...rry..." he says while laughing. I can't believe this. Reverting back to my old ways, meaning 15 minutes ago, I grab onto his shoulders and knee him where the sun doesn't shine. He blinks for a second then grunts and falls to the ground.

"What's your problem?" I ask with a disgusted look on my face. I glance up at the rest of the guys who I had forgotten were there and see them trying to cover up smirks on their faces, all except David who has knelt beside Daniel, and from what I can see, checking to see if he's okay.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask Derrick and Dylan. They glance at each other, sharing a look that I don't quite understand. They look back at me.

"We're just wondering when Daniel's going to stop acting like you're hurting him," Derrick says with a smile.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him, confused. "Acting?" I turn around and yelp when I see Daniel standing behind me glowering at the other two boys.

"Didn't I tell you to stop doing that? And what does he mean acting?" I question him. He continues to glare at Derrick and Dylan then slowly looks at me.

"Sorry, it's just a habit," he says.

"Habit? What are you talking about?"

I'm getting even more agitated. One, because he always evades my questions, and two, if it is true, the humiliation of thinking I actually hurt him and not, will be really embarrassing.

"Well I didn't want to alarm you with this news too soon so I had to at least act normal," he confesses with a weary expression on his face.

Exasperated, I roll my eyes at him, "Not this again."

"What, that we're vampires?" Daniel questions casually.

"Ugh! Quit saying that. You really expect me to believe it?" I ask in denial, really trying to convince myself.

"Lilly, what more proof do you want?" he sighs.

I look down at my hand where Dylan's blood is still drying and then I scan Dylan's face. He smiles at me gently, pleading with his eyes, trying to make me understand. I glance over at Daniel to where his "teeth" were and look into his eyes that had been a completely different color earlier. I massage my temples with my clean hand.

"You're really not kidding are you?" I whisper. I look up at him to see his eyes soften.

"No Lilly, we're not," he replies. Bowing my head down, my hair covers my face and my shoulders droop in defeat.

"I...I believe you," I sigh, suddenly very tired. How could I not? I can still remember those eyes and...teeth. I feel someone place their hand on my shoulder but I shake it off, not looking up.

"I'm going to my room."

Without glancing up even once, I stalk off to my room to think about today, not even caring if anyone dares to follow.

--------------------------------------Daniel

"Great Daniel, now she hates us," Dylan complains to me.

"Us? I don't know about you, but if it wasn't for you guys always being around, I'd already have her," Derrick laughs as he sits down heavily on the couch and props his feet up on the coffee table.

I turn my eyes on Derrick and let out a low, threatening growl. His face sobers up and he looks at the wall with a frown. My worried expression returns and I sit down on the arm of the couch with a sigh. Glancing over at David I see the strained look in his eyes that I've come to recognize over the years. Realization hits me; we haven't eaten in a couple of days.

"I'll tell Lilly we're going out," I assure them. I hear David breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thanks Ad-

I look sharply at him and clench my jaw.

He looks down ashamed. "Thanks... Daniel."

I get up and head to Lilly's room. Nervousness starts spreading through my body as I get closer to her closed door. I knock on it a couple of times and open it slowly.

"Lilly?" I whisper as I poke my head into her dark room.

I see her small frame lying on her bed, facing away from me. Her slowed breathing and heart rate tell me she's asleep. I walk into her room and slowly close the door behind me then tiptoe over to her bedside wondering why I'm acting so annoyingly... human. A smile tugs at my lips as I see her sleeping form. I've missed her terribly. And now she's all I have left of my old life. Not that I like being reminded of it, but I need... something, to help me remember. I lean in when I hear her mumble something in her sleep. Then it hits me: the smell. That luscious, intoxicating smell that makes me how I am. Her neck is bare and I see the veins that are inherently placed in her neck, easily seen with my eyes. I scramble backwards and hit the wall. I breathe heavily and try to get some common sense back. I have to get out of here and quench this thirst. My throat burns and my fangs have elongated. Before instincts take over me, I book it out of there and appear beside David in the front yard, the sky pitch black.

I look at the boys and I see their eyes dilate in anticipation, showing glints of red. Derrick grins in the moonlight exposing his pearl white fangs and Dylan gives a smirk. I look at David with his pained expression knowing he won't last much longer until the bloodlust takes over him.

"Let's go," I say as the surroundings blur around me, putting Lilly out of my mind and enjoying the blistering Oklahoma wind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------