31- Captured

----------------------------L

"Come alone."

The whisper slithers across my consciousness as a steady throb emits painfully from my arm.

"Miss Lilly, are you okay?" I hear someone say.

I feel a cool cloth on my forehead as I'm lying on some type of bedding. Slowly opening my eyes I see someone I didn't expect. The vampire who drove us before stares down at me. Bringing a hand up, I rub my temples methodically and try to clear my thoughts. My mind feels muddled and sluggish, almost as if it's not my own. Suddenly I remember what I saw.

"Dylan!" I sit up in the bed quickly but am pushed gently back down by the young vampire. Dizziness floods over me and I'm more than happy to be lying down now.

"What happened? Where's Dylan? Why am I here ?" I ask him as he looks down at me worriedly.

"What are you talking about Miss Lilly?" He continues to dab the wet cloth on my forehead.

"What do you mean what am I talking about? How did we get back here? And Dylan... Oh no." Tears begin forming in my eyes as I think about Dylan's disfigured form, chained, bloodied, and broken.

"Miss, I'm not sure what you mean. I found you here. In the closet. On the floor. The Master went out...somewhere and told me to keep an eye on you." The vampire pauses and frowns at me.

"Um...no you didn't. You drove me to this abandoned house and then I got out and walked down to the basement and watched Dylan be..." I stop mid-sentence. The picture of it in my mind is still vivid.

"You need rest. I think you might of hit your head when you fell. I'm going to go call the Master so you stay here and try and get some more sleep, okay?" The man gets up and leaves the room, frowning even more now. What.The.Heck. What is he talking about? I remember perfectly what happened. He must be lying to spare me from the shock or something.

I climb out of bed carefully and walk over to where my purse is laying. Getting my phone out and looking at my messages, I search for the one Dylan's kidnapper sent me. I come up with nothing. There is no evidence of me even calling Dylan's phone. It shows Cai's call, but not mine. They must have deleted them too. It looks like I'm going to have to investigate on my own. I walk into Cai's closet and get out some better clothes. They had even changed me back into the ones I had been wearing when I was with Lance. Why are they trying to sugar coat what happened? Whatever. The sooner I find out the truth, the better.

Pulling on some of his shorts and a t-shirt while also not trying to be distracted with the fact I'm wearing that wonderful man's clothes, was mighty difficult. But I can't get distracted now. There are more important things at hand. Luckily, Cai has openable windows in this room and we're on the first floor. Although I was sure we were on the second floor. Oh well. So without further ado, I push the window open and climb out quietly. It doesn't seem like anyone's around right now, but with vampires, you never know. I look up at the sky and see that it's starting to get dark. How long was I out for?

The garage is detached from the house and should have some type of vehicle. Hopefully. I may just be pushing my luck. I run barefooted and open the door and dash inside. Looking around, I see some keys hanging on a rack. This seems way too easy. Let's hope the catch doesn't come too soon. Grabbing some keys to the brand-new looking red Ford pickup, I hurry and get in it. I may not have a car, but that doesn't mean I can't drive. Am I stupid for doing this? Probably. Do I care right now? Not really.

-------------------L

I'm glad I paid attention to where we were going when I was with the vampire. I pull up to the same abandoned house. The moon shines eerily down at it, casting sinister shadows on the ground. Turning the headlights off I grab my purse and get out of the truck. Taking a deep breath, I walk up to the front door and pull it open slowly. It rewards me with a loud creak, causing something in the bushes to rustle, scaring the living day lights outta me. I hurry inside.

The only thing I see inside the house is a bright light down the hall, exactly where I had walked down to the basement before. I'm not sure if I'm totally prepared for what I'll see. I'm not even sure what compelled me to come here. I saw Dylan die right before my eyes, you'd think that would give me enough incentive to not come back. But no. Here I am. Once again. Without even a vampire bodyguard to help me this time.

The trek down the stairs is long and laborious. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, but I ignore it, now totally entranced in the bright light. Once I'm all the way down, my eyes begin to adjust. I search the shadow filled room for Dylan's crumpled body but I turn up with nothing. Instead, sitting bound and bare chested in a chair, is the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on.

Everything about him is perfect. His eyes. His nose. His body. His lips. Everything. I let out a breath in awe. Walking up to the person, I gasp in surprise. This is Dylan. But how-

"Ever wonder what would happen if you turned someone born to a vampire?" A voice comes from the shadows.

I strain my eyes and search for the owner of it. A figures steps into the light. I'm surprised I don't faint with as many times I've sucked in my breath today.

"David?" I blink a couple of times to make sure I'm seeing this right. "Why are you here? And why is Dylan like this? I thought he...you know."

David gives me a faint smile but I detect something severely wrong behind it. There's just something off about him. Something I can't really pinpoint.

"I see you got my message." David clasps his hands behind his back and walks slowly around me with that same smile.

"What message?" I clench my jaw in nervousness.

"What do you mean what message, love? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about." He stands behind Dylan and yanks the man's head back. "The one where his pretty little head goes tumbling off his shoulders? I can make it a reality if you don't believe me."

My eyes narrow. "Don't call me love. You're not allowed."

David's eyes flash as he clasps the unconscious boy's hair even harder.

"Why? Because He calls you that?" David lets Dylan's head go and saunters over to stand in front of me.

"Soon, you'll forget all about him, love." He runs a finger lightly down the side of my face, all the way to the edge of Cai's shirt. I blanch at the thought of David touching something of Cai's. Almost as if he knew what I was thinking, David suddenly grabs my hair behind me neck tightly and brings my face closer to his.

"And that, I am sure of. Make sure she doesn't leave this house." David's words confuse me as he lets me go and walks back into the shadows where he appeared from.

I take in a breath in what seems like forever. Putting my thoughts back on Dylan, I look to where he was sitting unconscious. And...he's gone. I feel a breath on my neck and I whip my head around.

My scream catches in my throat.

Devoid of all green, red eyes stare back at me.

------------------------------------------

How was it? Good? Bad?

Well at least he's not dead. I mean dead dead, not undead that is.

Surprised?

Probably not, but I just couldn't kill one of my favorite characters just yet. It was cruel.

I'll save it for David.

Muahahahahahahahahaha :D

Love ya!