15- Conspired

Fifteenth part: Kidnapped by Vampires? But it's My Time of the Month!

--------------------------------------- L

"So... there's always the stairs..."

I'm sitting in my bedroom thinking up any way that I can eliminate my brother.

"Can vampires be killed by stakes or is that just a myth?"

I ask Derrick who's sitting in the chair on the other side of the room with a dark expression on his face.

"Oh it's real." He says to me and even to himself it seems.

"Hmmm... Well there's an idea. You know... I can always start a fire in his room. Sure it might destroy some of the house, but that's a risk I'm willing to take." I state matter of factly. Derrick looks up at me and grins. Goodness gracious, he's gorgeous.

"Are all vampires handsome?"

Not that I think my brother is handsome. He could look like Ryan Reynolds for all I care, I still wouldn't like him. He raises his eyebrows at me and smirks.

"Oh, you mean as handsome as me? If so, then not at all."

I look at him blankly. That wasn't really an answer but it was one that I have to be satisfied with due to the arrival of the rest of the pack. Wait, they're not werewolves, they're vampires. What do you call a group of vampires? Oh well. More importantly, are werewolves real too?

"Hey Lilly!"

My thoughts are interrrupted by a new voice that is very pleasing to my ears.

"Hi Dylan! You're home now?"

What a stupid question. But considering I'm living with vampires, I'm a stupid girl. It's not like I have a choice now, Daniel's all the family I have.

"Yes, more importantly..."

Faster than I can see, Dylan is sitting next to me scrutinizing my face. I yelp and jump back a little.

"Are you okay Lilly?" Dylan frowns at me while looking into my eyes. You might as well give me some bad acting skills and call me Kristen Stewart because I think I've just entered the Twilight zone. I blink a couple of times then pull my mouth into a slow smile. How sweet. Don't you just love reverse harems? Having so many guys around you can really make a person feel good about herself. Except these aren't real guys. They're vampires and they're dead. Excuse me again, undead. How come the live ones never cared this much?

"I'm fine Dylan. Derrick didn't do anything bad."

"Are you sure? Because if something happened..."

I hold up a hand to quiet him.

"Dylan, I'm pretty sure Daniel's got the hole "protective older brother" thing covered. But, in the near future, if I'm lucky, the spot should be open." I smile mischieviously and rub my hands together menacingly. I'm pretty sure I fit an evil laugh in there too.

"Hey Dylan, do you happen to carry a lighter on you? And if so, can I have it with directions to my brother's room? Lighter fluid might make it easier too if you have some."

"Lilly!" I flinch and curse at myself quietly.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't plan on killing me, but if you have to, you might want to be more secretive."

Daniel's voice in general is annoying to hear, so him projecting it even louder may have caused my ears to bleed. Although, I might want to refrain from bleeding outright, just because, well, isn't it sort of obvious? Vampires don't just drink orange juice you know? If that was what they drank to live, this whole living situation might be a little bit easier. Heck, I'd go and pick oranges all the way out in Florida for them if it would guarentee that none of them would eat me. But it doesn't work that way now does it?

"Fine, but if you ever do that crap again with the creepy phone calls, I'll slit my wrists and offer them to Derrick."

Hell, I'd never be a cutter, but I had to use something didn't I?

"Fine, I'll just have to inform Derrick of the rules a little bit more carefully this time. On another note, we got your school supplies. I put them in your room." Daniel says with a sigh.

"Sure, ok, uhhmmm..." I've really quit paying attention at this point. Would you when a beautiful creature like Dylan is sitting beside you?

"Let's go outside Dylan!" I beam down at him while jumping up and pulling him by the hand towards the greenhouse.

*five minutes later*

Dylan smiles patiently as I stop and look around us for the back door for what seems like the tenth time.

"Ok, ok, I'm lost. Now can you lead me there? Please?" Well that wore down on my pride a bit. But I'm wasting daylight and I really want to go outside while it's warm.

"I was waiting for you to ask me." Taking my hand, Dylan pulls me around the corner and I spot the glass doors. Well that makes me seem dumb. Although, I'm pretty sure they all must think I'm dim.

Letting go of his hand, temporarily I assure you, I bound out the doors and into my only good memory that I've had here so far. I spin around a couple of times while feeling the sun on my face. I glance back at Dylan and see him smiling at me. I should've known better than to do that. His eyes always seem to have this effect on me. So, without further adue, I end my turn sprawled on the ground with a face full of roses. Let me tell you, these aren't the kind that come all wrapped and thornless that you might recieve on Mother's day. Yeah, these roses had thorns that pricked me in my face.

Running over to my side, Dylan helps me into a sitting position. I reach up to touch my face, which is already throbbing, to find it wet. Pulling it away and looking down, I see my blood. Well, so much for not bleeding. I sigh and look up at Dylan. I should just quit looking into his eyes. What I see makes my blood run cold. Not really, since it's on my hands and I can feel that it's lukewarm. But figuratively speaking.

I hope Daniel brought something home for supper, because Dylan looks hungry.

"Hey, Dylan, um, can you go away for awhile?" I stutter while trying, unsuccessfully, to not look into his eyes.

"Lilly, this might hurt a little." Dylan says with difficulty.

"What do you mean?" I ask while becoming even more frightened by the minute. Dissapointment also finds its way into this emotional stampede. I have to go to school tomorrow with bandages on my face. I know that should be irrelevant at the moment but, it came to mind.

"Be still, and it won't hurt at all ok Lilly?" His eyes flash red as he says this and I have a weird sense of Deja vu from earlier with my encounter with Daniel.

"Dylan! Please go away!" I try and push him away but his hand has already found the back of my head, holding it in place. Tears stream down my face finding their way into my cuts causing me to cringe.

"I'm sorry Lilly." Dylan says as he wipes away a tear. The last thing I see before I clench my eyes together is Dylan's troubled face slowly inch closer to mine. My scream catches in my throat and a sob breaks through instead.

If I knew roses were going to be the death of me, then I would've told Daniel to plant more tulips. I guess I'm too late.

----------------------------------------------

Did you like it ????!!!!!???? I hope so. Sorry for the wait. Please comment, rate, and vote!