20- Flirted

20- Kidnapped By Vampires? But it's My Time of the Month!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Happy Martin Luther King Day! Well.... Here is part 20!

--------------------------------------------------------------- L

Well today is going to be fun. For one, I'm going to a school I've never been to before, two, my brother's a year ahead of me (so he says) and is therefore an upperclassmen, and three, I can't think logically unless I'm at least 25 feet away from David. Yeah, today's going to go swell.

"Let's go to class Lilly." David tells me close to my ear in a low voice.

His words snap me back into place from the disappointment of not being able to talk to Dylan. I shiver a bit knowing it's not from being cold. I mean good grief. Even when he says something simple like that it sounds sexy and seductive.

"Su-sure David. Let's go." I smile at him and grab on to his arm that is tucked away in his jacket pocket. A little September chill has started to materialize in the air and I lean into him a bit closer as we walk towards the entrance of the school. The mark on my arm is emanating happy vibes which is starting to freak me out, but I'll save that problem for another time. I've got more important things at hand to think about. Like where is the best place to be able to have my way with Davi-...

I really need to get away from him.

"So... um... Where is our first class?" I try and get my reason back by pinching myself on the arm as I ask the question. The pain clears my mind a little but I see David flinch as soon as I do it. My mind fills with concerned thoughts and I reach up to cup the side of his face lightly. I brush my thumb across his cheek and he slowly closes his eyes and puts his hand over mine.

What. The. Hell.

I pull my hand away quickly and step away from him a couple of feet and make sure no one saw the exchange between us. Taking a deep breath and ignoring the throbbing on my arm, I take the schedule out of his other hand without touching his skin and read where our first class is. I don't know where anything is yet so I go to ask the nearest student to us. A boy wearing a footfall t-shirt is at his locker surround by several other students on his other side. Wincing, I walk over to him, leaving David behind, and put on my best innocent face.

"Excuse me, but could you please tell me where this class is?" I say as I touch him on the sleeve lightly. This got everyone's attention. The boy turns around and looks down and studies me for a second before putting a cocky grin on his handsomely carved face. Some of his friends look at me appreciatively and I give them a quick smile and nod.

"Well, I guess it depends on whose askin'." His little hint of a southern accent makes me smile at him more before I can help myself. What can I say? Southern boys are my weakness.

"Lilly O'Brate. I'm new." My conversational skills have definitely not improved even though I live with a bunch of guys. Great.

"The names Lance. This is Jake, Kyle, and Tanner." He points to his equally hot friends standing behind him. "But you don't have to bother with them." He winks at me. His words earn him a punch on the arm and some scowls.

I give him a girlish giggle and roll my eyes inwardly. Men.

"Yes, well, if you'd be so kind as to point me in the right direction..." I say as I hold out my schedule. Just as Lance is about to take it from my hands I feel an arm drape itself across my shoulders.

"That won't be necessary Lilly. I know the way around." A burst of pleasure flows through me from where David has his arm and I lean into him unconsciously. I vaguely see a look of surprise then dislike appear on the other boys' faces through the haze that has redeveloped around me.