11- Overwhelmed

11- Kidnapped by Vampires? But it's My Time of the Month!

-------------------------------------L

The news of it hits me like a truck.

"Wha- what do you mean?" I stutter.

"Exactly what I said." Daniel's voice is still cold.

I blink, regaining my focus. I try to meet Dylan's eyes but he's not looking at me. He's glaring at Daniel hostilely that would normally scare the crap out of me, but right now I couldn't care less.

"Dylan, is he correct?" I ask, staring at him while he stares at my brother.

Dylan continues to give a hard look directed at Daniel.

"Yes, he's right," he answers finally. I think back on what's been said.

Warily, I ask, "Who is this man that you keep mentioning?"

Daniel doesn't waste time and answers right away.

"His father," he says with a satisfied smirk.

"No, duh." I frown at him, ignoring the fact of my lame comeback.

"I think it's time I get some answers. Now." I watch both of them, still frowning. They glance at me then contemplate each other, becoming quiet. I look back and forth at both of them and let out a sigh.

"Fine then, I think I'll go find Derrick and continue my little "chat" with him," I say, insinuating that other things are going on. Things that I wish were going on, but I don't say that.

"No!" they both answer at the same time, their eyes widening. I smile inwardly and look over at them expectantly.

"That's what I was trying to do until I found out Dylan's been telling you things he shouldn't," Daniel answers me, frustrated.

"She asked. What did you want me to do? Lie to her?" Dylan argues.

"Yes! That's exactly what I wanted you to do. You really can't be trusted with anything. But I guess I forgot. It's in your blood," Daniel says, satisfied.

This seems to push Dylan over the edge and the next thing I know he is on the other side of the room in a matter of moments. Daniel makes that throaty sound again and his hands turn claw-like. This time, I'm really scared. I yelp and press my back against the wall. Dylan and Daniel start swinging there arms in movements too fast for my eyes to follow. I clench my eyes shut until I feel arms around me. I open them slowly and gaze wide-eyed into a pair of blue eyes. Ones that are usually colored in amusement, but this time are serious.

"Derrick, what are you doing here?" I whisper to him.

"I stuck around, I knew something was bound to happen," he chuckles a little. Then his eyes turn stony again.

"Are you okay, Lilly?" he looks me over franticly.

I notice movement behind us and peek around Derrick's broad shoulders. David is crouching down next to my brother while Daniel slowly sits up from his sprawled position from the ground. Dylan is panting hard while sitting down and leaning against the wall.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasp out loud. I scramble out of Derricks arms ignoring how nice they felt.

"Lilly-

Derrick starts to stop me but I'm already over to Dylan's side. I study Dylan's face. His hair is covering his eyes as he looks down in his lap. Gently pushing his hair back, I feel something wet and quickly drop my hand. I blink at my fingertips. Blood drips down my palm and onto the carpet.