40- Prepared

Song is Ghost by Chelsea Lankes. It's amazing and perfect for this part :D

----------------------------------L

I wake up sweating inside a moving car. On Cai's lap. A blush creeps to my face as I remember the last time I kissed him. Studying him from my current position I reach my hand up to his lips almost without even thinking. What I would give to kiss him again right now. Suddenly I freeze. Glancing over, I see my brother looking at me unamused from the drivers seat. I quickly pull my hand down then sit up a bit more to see my surroundings with Cai chuckling to himself.

"Is this very safe?" I ask skeptically whilst wrapping my arms around Cai.

"We were in a hurry and you were still passed out so we had to make do." Adam answers.

"Oh. I was passed out?" Uh... When did this happen?

"You fell down the stairs, don't you remember?" Ren asks from the backseat.

"Um. No. Not really...Wait." I think back. "I do remember being on the stairs, but I didn't trip and fall like last time."

"Last time?" Cai asks incredulously.

I smile sheepishly and shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah, I mean, all of a sudden I just got this horrible headache then I felt something push the backs of my legs. But there was no one behind me." I scratch my head in confusion then sink back down into Cai's lap. Thinking about it just makes my head hurt.

"We believe you. Don't worry." Cai tucks me in tighter to his chest.

"Oh by the way, where are we going?" I ask.

"To my house in the city. We're almost there." He says slowly.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why are we moving?"

"You'll find out when we get there. Go back to sleep." Cai puts his hand over my forehead and I can't help but do what he says.

Gosh darnit. I wish he'd stop doing that.

--------------------------------------

Once again I wake up in Cai's arms. You'd really think at this rate that I'm unable to be cognizant for more than a day. I sigh inwardly. But what I see as we're walking up the huge steps makes me gasp. This house is beautiful. If you could even call it a house. It's definitely an understatement.

Seeing that I'm awake, Cai puts me down. It's early morning so the sun is still low on the horizon which causes a bright glare to shine down on the courtyard.

"Oh wow. This is yours?" I put a hand over my eyes to see it better.

"One of many, love." Cai says pulling me into him, his hand wrapped around my waist.

"How did you end up in Oklahoma anyway?" I ask. Adam and Ren go into the house ahead of us.

"I've lived here since the late 1800s, got caught up in the oil business then never left. It's out of the way too. A place that no one would ever suspect. I guess until recently of course." He frowns to himself then pulls me inside.

"I'll show you to our room." Our room? I smile almost too happily at the thought. He let's go of me and grabs my hand as we pass a huge dining room that leads into the kitchen. I'm relieved to find out that I won't have to climb stairs any longer to get to much. He tells me that the only rooms upstairs are the ones for the guards and Eleanor's.

"You're hungry right?" Cai asks me.

"You bet."

-----------------------------------