(48) Crash Car Burn

Crash Car Burn

Chapter 48

Aiden’s POV

I could see how nervous Jamie was about coming out but I am tired of hiding my feelings for him. If the kids don’t like it they will just have to deal with it and I'll make sure I am there to protect Jamie if any of them so much as try to give him shit about it.

"Come on you two, I still need to get my schedule," Emma called from where she and Liam stood waiting for us.

"Coming," I replied as I turned around and led Jamie towards them.

We were already receiving looks from the groups of kids that were scattered around the parking lot but I think it was more for the fact that Emma was back and Liam and I were actually talking.

"I'm assuming that you guys didn't really hang out together much," Emma stated as she took in the strange looks we were receiving.

"That's an understatement," Jamie replied, causing me and Liam to laugh.

"I can't quit make out if they've noticed you two yet," Liam said, obviously talking about our intertwined hands.

"That group over there just did, oh… and those kids… yeah, they're noticing alright," Emma stated as we made our way to the entrance.

"Hey Liam!" Andy, one of the guys from the band called as they walked over to us. He didn't look happy.

"Andy," Liam greeted, coming to a stop.

"What's going on here?"  Devin asked as he came to a stand next to Andy, gesturing towards Jamie and my intertwined hands.

"Yeah, did you two just make up all of a sudden? I thought you hated the murdering fuck and their holding hands… what the fuck man?" Andy continued and I could feel myself getting angry. Who the hell does he think he is talking to us like that?

"As a matter of fact, yes, we've worked through our differences and the fact that their holding hands are none of your business," Liam replied, surprisingly calm under the circumstances.

"He killed your sister," Devin remarked and I felt like punching him in the face right there and then but I managed to control myself for Jamie's sake.

"No, the guy who skipped the light killed our sister," Liam replied, his words making me incredibly happy even in this very bad situation.

"Oh so all is forgiven and its okay with you that he is probably fucking Jamie," Andy said sarcastically and I just couldn't control myself any longer.

I lunged at him, my fist connecting with his jaw before he could even try to get out of the way. I guess he didn't expect it but if he thought I was just going to stand there and let him bad mouth us he has another thing coming.

"Aiden," I heard Jamie gasp and then there were screams all around as the fight escalated. I was just about to land another blow to Andy's nose when I was tackled to the ground. I hit the cement hard but I've been in enough fights before to know I had to move fast so I didn't stop to think as I rolled out of the way and a second later I heard the sound of  snapping bone as Devin’s fist connected with the ground instead of my face.

He yelled out in pain as I jumped to my feet and glanced over at Jamie. Emma was standing with him and they both looked horrified as a crowd formed around us, some yelling frantically, some encouraging us.

"Aiden, watch out!" I heard Liam yell and ducked just in time as his fist came flying past me and hit Andy square in the face. Andy tumbled back and landed on his ass between the crowds of kids. I didn't have time to concentrate on this though because as I turned around, a fist connected with my gut. It was Dan, another guy from the band who obviously decided to join the fight late.

I stumbled back but managed to regain my balance and grab a hold of his arm as he tried to punch me again.

"You fag!" he yelled, which was a really bad move on his side. My fist connected with his jaw and then his nose and then his jaw again before I could even think about what I was doing.

"What is going on here?" I heard a loud voice ask, snapping me out of my rage and back to reality.

"Let go," Liam said, grabbing a hold of my arm and pulling me away from Dan who stumbled back and fell to the ground as soon as I did.

"Jamie," I breathed, looking around frantically to make sure he is okay.

"He's fine, are you hurt?" Liam asked, giving me a once over.

"Shit," I breathed, the adrenaline that was pumping through my veins disappearing as the reality of what I just did set in.

"Fuck you man, you broke my nose!"  Dan yelled in a slur from where he was sitting on the ground.

"You deserved it," Liam replied before I could say anything.

"I can't believe your taking his side," Andy complained, helping Dan to his feet and then we were all silenced by Mr. Owens.

"What are you all looking at? Go to class. Now!" he yelled and I watched as the crowds of kids scurried off, leaving us to face him.

"Aiden," Jamie said from behind me, his voice shaking with panic.

"I'm fine," I replied as I turned around and pulled him into my arms, not caring who saw.

We were all sent to the principal’s office again which was slightly amusing since he seemed happier about the fact that Liam and I have sorted out our differences than worried about the fight. We didn't really get much of a lecture though since an ambulance was called to take Dan an Devin to the hospital.

We did all get a final warning though which meant no fighting unless we wanted to get expelled.

"Can I talk to in private?" Mr. Smithson asked as we all got up to leave.

"Yeah, but Jamie’s staying with me," I replied, he was a nervous wreck and I didn't want to leave his side even if it was just for a second.

“As you wish,” he replied, gesturing for Liam, Emma and Andy to leave.