Chapter 29

Chapter 29

The next morning, I went by the safe house to see Lacey before work. "Morning Chibs." I greet him. "How's she doing?" I asked. Jarry walked into the room and says "She didn't sleep much. Had nightmares most of the night. He must have done a number on her." I sigh. "You have no idea. Is she awake?" I asked. They both nod and I head to the bedroom where Lacey is staying. "Morning Lacey." I say and she looks up at me with tired eyes. "Morning Janie." she says. "How are you feeling?" I asked and she looks at me scared. "I'm not asking as your doctor. I am asking as your friend." I tell her and she relaxes some. "I didn't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see him. When he finds me, he's going to kill me." she says. Walking over to the bed, I sit next to her and say "He won't get to you. We will make sure of that. You are one of us now and we protect our own." Before we could say anything else, Jarry comes into the room. "Happy and Kara are here." I nod. "Who's Kara?" Lacey asked. "She is a friend of the club. Her and Happy are going to hang out here with you so if you need anything let one of them know. Kara will handle cooking and cleaning and if you need to talk but Happy will be here to stay close to you okay." I say and she nods.

Walking out to the living room I see Happy. "Can I talk to you a minute?" I asked and we walk out to the porch. "Lacey didn't sleep much last night. Keeps having nightmares. Can you stick close to her today? She is scared that if he finds her that he will kill her." I asked. "Yeah, I got her. I'll stay close." he says before we head back inside. I see him walk into her bedroom and I step to the hall to listen. I hear him say, "Come here." "What are you doing?" she asked. "Laying down with you. You need to sleep now come here." he says. Through the crack in the door I see her walk over to the bed and lay down. He pulls her close and rubs her back while she tries to get some sleep. Hmm. Didn't see that coming.

Walking out to my car, Chibs stops me. "What's with the look?" he asked. "Huh? Oh, I don't know. Happy seems to be really protective over Lacey. He's laying down with her now to help her get some sleep." I tell him and he smirks. "I think he has his eye on her. He said last night that he felt this need to protect her." he says. "Good. She needs someone to protect her and he needs someone too." I say before getting in the car to leave.

Getting to the hospital, I am in my office when my assistant comes in and says there was someone there to see me. I asked who and she said "Chris Jefferies." I take a breath and say "Have security come up here and then I will see him." She does as I asked and once security was there, she saw him in. "What can I do for you Mr. Jefferies?" I asked. "Well, first you can tell me where my girlfriend is? I came to get her and they told me that she was discharged. She was to be discharged into my care." he says. "Well, information that we collected showed us that her being released to you was not in her best interest and my patients' best interest is my top priority." I tell him. "Well, that is not your decision. Now, I will only ask this once. Where is Lacey?" he asked. "She is safe. Now, you need to leave before I have you escorted out of here." I say. "I'll be waiting for you, Doc. I will find her and I don't care who I have to run over to get to her." he says before walking out. "Do you want me to walk you out this evening, Dr. Ortiz?" the guard asked. "No, that's fine. I will call my husband. It will be fine. But thank you." I say before picking up my phone and calling Juice. "Hey babe, what's up?" he asked as he answered the phone. "Lacey's boyfriend showed up here wanting to know where she was." I say. "Fuck. Are you okay?" he asked. "Yeah, I had security come up before I saw him but he said that he would find her and that he didn't care who he had to run over to get to her. He said he would be waiting for me." I tell him. "Do not leave your office until me and Tig get there. I will have Venus take Libby to the safe house. Might be a good idea for you two to stay there with Lacey until we get him taken care of." he says. "Okay baby. Is Happy still at the house with Lacey?" I asked. "Yeah, he sent Kara home and has been there all day. Says he's just going to stay there with her. Why?" he asked. "Just wondering. It will be good if he's there. She seems to trust him." I say.

Once my shift ends, I see Tig and Juice standing in the waiting room as I come out. We walk outside and see Chris standing next to my car. Juice walks up and says "There a reason you are leaning next to my Old Lady's car?" Chris just smirked and says "We have a little unfinished business." Juice gets in his face and says "No you don't. I know who you are." Tig tells me to get in my car and lock the doors. Juice grabs Chris and throws him to the ground and starts punching him until he is knocked out. Tig and Juice grab him and tie him up and put him in my trunk. "Head straight to the safe house." Juice tells me. They follow me all the way there and when we get there Juice says "Stay here with Lacey. I need to talk to Happy. He will want in on this. Walking inside, I see Lacey sitting on the couch snuggled into Happy's side. Juice is right behind me and smiles at what he sees. "We found Chris." I say and Lacey's face goes white. Happy pulls her closer and I hear him tell her, "It's okay. I won't let him hurt you." I walk over to the couch and sit as Happy kisses the top of her head and stands. "Where is he?" Happy asked. "In the trunk of Janie's car. He was waiting at her car when she got off work." he says. Lacey's eyes went wide. "This kill is mine." Happy seethes. "Happy?" Lacey says softly. Walking over to her he says "I will be back soon. Janie will be here with you." She says softly." Please be careful." before he walks out the door with Tig and Juice following.