Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"Janie, will you marry me?" Juice asked. My eyes go wide. A smile comes to my lips as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Yes, Juice. I'll marry you." I whisper before pulling him to me and kissing him passionately. When we come up for air, he take my hand and slides the beautiful silver ring with a single solitary diamond onto my finger and it fits perfect. "Oh my God, Juice, this is beautiful." I tell him. I straddle his lap and kiss him again, feeling our bodies respond to one another. He turns us over so that he is on top and makes love to me to celebrate our engagement before we fall asleep in each other's arms.

Pulling into the lot the next morning, we walk into the office and Bill walks in seeing us smiling from ear to ear. "I take it she said yes?" he asked Juice. "You knew?" I asked Bill. "He came to me for my blessing before asking you. Said that he knew I was the closest to a father you have now and wanted to do this right." he tells me. I look at Juice and realize that just when I couldn't love him more, he proves me wrong. "Well, so that means you will give me away?" I asked him. "Of course, baby girl. I'd be honored." Bill answers. "I think I am going to call Molly to come over so that I can tell her the good news." I tell Juice and Bill before they clock in and walk to the garage. An hour later Molly walks into the office. "Hey girlie. What's up?" She asked me. I asked her to come over that I needed to talk to her about something important. "I need to tell you something." I say and hold out my hand for her to see the ring. "HOLY SHIT!" she screams and you can hear all of the guys laughing. "He proposed last night." I tell her. "Wow. I am so happy for you." she says and I can tell she truly is. "So, we have not picked a date but Bill is giving me away and I was hoping you would be my Maid of Honor?" I asked her. "Hell yeah!" she says before hugging me tighter. When we pull out of the hug, she grabs my hand to look at my ring again.

Sitting on the couch that night, I look at Juice and smile. Thinking about what kind of wedding I would want with him. He doesn't know anyone here, really, and there's no one from his past that would come, and I don't really want a big wedding, I asked him. "Would you be okay just going to the courthouse and getting married?" He looks at me, "I thought all girls wanted that white dress and big church wedding?" he asked. "Not all girls. I never wanted anything like that. Remember, I was raised by men." I tell him. And it's true. "I just don't see paying thousands of dollars on a wedding and wearing a dress that is twelve kinds of uncomfortable one time after paying hundreds of dollars for it. To me it is more about the vows than it is about the whole 'Big Show'." I tell him. He smiles at me and says, "Whatever you want is fine with me. When are you thinking?" I think about it for a minute. "I have some money put away that I have been saving over the years, $3000 or so I think. Maybe we can get married here in a couple of weeks and then take the week and go on a honeymoon?" I suggest. "Is that what you want?" He asked me. "Juice, this is your wedding day too. It's about what we both want." I tell him. "If that is what you want, I am fine with that but where would you want to go for our honeymoon?" he asked me. "I was thinking, it's just a three or four hours away, we can go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina? We can rent a little beach house for a week?" I suggest. "Okay. We get married a week from Friday and we can call and reserve the beach house." And just like that, our wedding and honeymoon is planned. I call Bill and Molly and fill them in on the plans and Molly tells me she has timeshare in a beach house in Myrtle Beach and that will be our wedding gift from her. It's all working out perfect.