Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Three hours later, Juice and Chibs make it back to the cabin. Walking in, I see that both have cuts and bruises on their knuckles. "Well?" I asked. Chibs doesn't say anything, I guess he doesn't know exactly how much Juice shares with me. But Juice speaks up. "Chris was inside the house when we got there. He came at me with his knife and Chibs shot him. Don't worry. He's gone and the mess is cleaned up." I look at him more relieved than shocked. "Thank God." I tell him before hugging him tightly. Walking over to Chibs, "Thank you Chibs. I know it was a lot to ask for you to come out here and help. Especially since you don't know me at all but I am grateful." I tell him. He hugs me tighter and says "Juice will always be my brother and that makes you my family too. Plus, now that I know about you and the wee one, I have a reason to take more vacations." Looking up at him, I can tell why Juice loves him so much. "So, when can we go home?" I asked. "We can head there now." Juice says and we all head home.

Over the next few days, we spend time talking to Chibs and hearing stories like how Juice took some pills and passed out only to wake up in a diaper with a pacifier taped in his mouth and a sign stapled to his chest and how one of the prospects stole an ambulance when he was doing repos with Juice. I laughed so hard I started crying. They talked about some other people named Bobby, Jax and Tig and someone named Happy. Who names their kid Happy? Oh well. But when Chibs brought up the name Gemma, Juice froze. "Juice? What's wrong?" I asked. Chibs was the one that answered me. "That is another reason that I came out here. I told the guys that I was heading here to help you with something and Tig actually asked about you coming home." he said. "My home is here now." he tells Chibs. "Plus, I can't go back there with Gemma there." he says and I asked "Is Gemma an old girlfriend or something?" They look at me and Chibs says "No, Lass. She was the mother of the last president of our charter. Both of her late husbands were former presidents so she was like the mother for all of us. Took good care of us for years but we didn't see the damage she was doing. Gemma was the reason that Juice was exiled from the club." "How?" I asked. "Before me was a president named Jax. Gemma was his mother. She murdered his wife and then blackmailed Juice here to keep her secret. Caused a bunch of shite to go down and Jax wanted Juice gone because he kept her secret for so long." he says. I look at Juice and he is looking down at his hands, not saying anything. "Babe. What was she holding over your head?" I asked. "That my dad was black. There are old bylaws for the club that says that they don't allow blacks in the club." he says. "Well, that law has changed, Juicy Boy. T.O. has joined the Sons since you left." he says. "Juice looks up and smiles. "That's great but why do they want me back?" he asked. "Well, after Jax met Mayhem, we talked it over and you didn't do anything that any of the rest of us weren't guilty of as well so we couldn't really condemn you for it when we aren't saints ourselves. We want you to come home and come back to the club brother. I know you have a life here and a wonderful family so we understand if you turn it down but please just give it some thought." he says before kissing Juice's cheek and then mine before heading to the guest room.

Laying in bed, I can hear Juice's gears turning. "Do you miss the club?" I asked. "Sometimes. It was all I knew for so long and the only family I had back then. But now I have you and Libby." he tells me. "Juice, look. Hear me out on this okay. I know you miss them. I can see it every time you look at your Harley. It was even more evident when you look at Chibs. Plus, the only family I have here now is Bill. What if we let him run things and go out there? What if we moved? I can do my classes online from anywhere so it's not like I will miss anything. I could use a change baby. I think this would be good for us." I tell him. "Maybe talk to Bill and sell him the business." I say. "What? No. We are not selling your dad's business." he tells me. "Babe, I would be selling it to Bill so we know it will be in good hands and my dad told me a long time ago that if I ever needed a change, that the only one that he would let me sell to is Bill. The house is paid off so we can always come back here to visit and have a place to stay and Bill has been talking about the place he is renting is going up on the rent, he could stay here." I tell him. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Yes baby. I love you. I can see how much they all mean to you. Plus, I always wanted a big family. Now we have one." I tell him. "I love you Janie. You know that, right?" he asked. "I do and I love you too Juan Carlos."

The next morning, we walk into the kitchen with Libby on my hip and Chibs is sitting at the table with coffee. "Morning Lass." he greets me. "Morning Chibs." I respond. He takes Libby from me when she reaches for him. "Can I ask you something?" I asked Chibs. "Anything Lass." He responds. "Juice and I were talking last night and we are making the move to California. I just have a few things to get into order first but we are making the move. I see how much you mean to him and I know he misses the club. But I need to know that when we move, we have a house to move into before we get there. Is there any way you can handle that part for us?" I asked. He smiles wide and says "I can get Tig's Old Lady Venus to find the perfect place." he tells me and Juice whips his head around. "Wait. Tig's Old Lady is Venus?" he asked shocked. "Yeah." He says laughing. "Am I missing something?" I asked. "You remember when we were telling stories last night? The story about photographing Shamu with the transvestite?" he asked and I nod my head yes. "That's Venus. But I never thought she would give Tig the time of day. But thinking about it now, she's good for him isn't she?" he asked and Chibs nodded his head. "Yeah but she's getting tired of running the office at TM so we are looking for another office manager." he says. "Chibs, what do you think I do for my garage?" I asked. "Would you be willing to work with us?" he asked. "Yeah. Might help me get settled better being able to do something I am used to but I am taking classes online too for Psychology." I tell him. "That's great. We will work around your classes Lass. That won't be a problem." he tells me and I can't help but smile. "Looks like we are moving to Cali."