Chapter 21

Chapter 21

An hour later, I get a text of the flight details. Bill is at the cabin with Libby so I call Curtis. "Curtis, I need a huge favor. I know you are keeping Harley for me but I need you to go to the airport. Juice has a friend coming in and I need him brought to the hospital." I tell him. "You got it. Just text me the details. I'll get him." he says. "Thanks. I owe you huge." I tell him ending the call and texting him the details. I texted Chibs and told him who was picking him up and what to look for.

Six hours later, there is a knock on the door. Looking up it is Curtis and behind him was a man in a kutte that I have never seen before. "How's he doing?" Curtis asked. "Swelling has gone down so that is good. They are keeping him a few more days for precaution. Thanks for picking him up for me." I tell Curtis. He hugs me and leaves us be. "You must be Janie." Chibs says. "I am. Nice to meet you Chibs." I say. Before anyone can say anything else, Juice wakes up. "Brother." he says and Chibs walks over and hugs Juice tightly. You can see how much they mean to each other. "Alright Juicy Boy, tell me what's going on." Chibs says as he sits down in the chair next to the bed and I sit on the side of the bed. Juice fills him in and Chibs sits there for a minute before he speaks. "Okay. So, we need to find this guy first. Then I'll help you take care of things. Don't worry boyo, we will make sure your family is safe." Chibs says. The nurse comes in and gives Juice more pain meds and he starts to drift off to sleep. "So, you're the one that took my boy in?" he asked. "Yeah, it's funny actually. He came in for a job interview and I saw he was walking and had his duffle bag with him and looked like he hadn't eaten in days. So, I offered him the job, gave him my spare room and made sure he was eating. I had something happen and he helped me through it and next thing I know, I am in love with him. We got married and have a six month old named Libby." I tell him. "Wow, wife and baby? You just took him in not knowing anything about him?" he asked. "Yeah. I know it sounds stupid but he just seemed so sad but he did smile at me when I offered him the job and his smile did me in." I tell him. "He's good to me Chibs. I have never had anyone stand by me like he has." I tell him. "Well, good. I was worried when he told me he was leaving California. I didn't know if he would do something stupid that could get him killed or if he would off himself. I'm glad he finally has a family to keep him whole." he tells me.

Over the next couple of days, the shop has been closed while we are 'indisposed' and we took Chibs to the cabin. "Is this the wee one?" he asked, seeing Libby. "Yeah, that's my little Libby." Juice tells him, beaming. Juice hands her to Chibs and she just looks at him and Juice says "Libby, this is your Uncle Chibs." She looks at Juice and then looks at Chibs and cuddles into him like she has known him her whole life. "Awe, she likes you Chibs. She doesn't do that with just anyone." I tell him, smiling. He snuggles her closer and asked "Now, where can we find this piece of shite that is messing with our family?" he asked and Juice pulls out his laptop. Tracking his phone, he finds that he is near our house. "He's near the house. Think he's watching for us to come home?" Juice asked. "Babe, you stay here with Bill and Libby and Chibs and I will drive your car to the house and see if he shows up. Don't leave here until you hear from me or Chibs." he tells me. "Okay. Please be careful. Both of you." and they leave, heading to the house. "Okay, so how does Juice know Chibs?" Bill asked after they left. "When Juice was in California, he was part of an MC and Chibs was the one to help him get out. They were close so I guess they kept in touch a little." I tell him. Now it's just a waiting game until they come back or call.