The Hospital

I woke up with an excruciating pounding on the side of my head and stomach. Wait, my stomach? Ijumped up quickly and held my side. I looked down praying nothing would be wrong with he child I held. The Doctor walked in with August and Chris behind him.

"Morning Ms. Alsina are you feeling any pain?" I squinted at the sunlight that beamed through the windows.

"Pain?" I croaked with a dry mouth and metallic taste inside. August handed me a water and that's when I realized Cameron is nowhere to be found. I immediately sat up, ignoring all pain.

"Where's my son?" I pushed past The doctor frantically. August grabbed me and sat me down gently.

"He's fine. With Honey." I took a deep breath and whimpered as the pain kicked in.

"Any pain?" The Doctor asked again.

"Yeah....ummm headache, my side and um, my back...that's it." I laid back calmly. The Doctor nodded and proceeded writing down my words before leaving.

Chris sat down on the side with a red face. He looked as if he was about to cry but I noticed he kept his distance from August. My eyes switched between the two of them. Chris looked worried, scared, and pissed all at once while August had all his focus on me. He looked worried, scared and like he seen a ghost.

     I quickly gulped down the bottle given to me and did the same for two more bottles. Chris started pacing around the room and August sat back calmly staring at him. No words were being said and it scared Me. I laid back down slowly and closed my eyes.

    Chris slowly sat down next to me in the hospital bed and pulled me on to his chest. He kissed my forehead and ran his fingers through my hair. His heartbeat made me feel relaxed as if we were on the beach again. He kissed my nose and I noticed August tense up.

"You okay?" He whispered and I shook my head no. Tears fell uncontrollably and I saw Chris hold his back. It made me want to cry harder. And I did. Chris's lip was trembling hard and I couldn't do anything about it but ask August to leave for a minute. He nodded still a bit tense and walked out.

"It's okay to cry..." He looked at me for a minute and only a tear fell but those tears soon fell faster and they fell for a while. Chris put his arm over his head trying to stop himself from crying but only ended up crying hard. My heart hurt seeing him break down like this. Still no words were said.

"You lost the baby." Chris whispered. My eyes went wide.

"I-I I lost....How could I lose...No, Chris stop. This isn't funny. I didn't loose my baby. Did I?" He nodded and his tears poured harder than before causing mine to start falling.

I cried hard and held unto Chris who held me close into his chest. I screamed and I just broke down against his chest. I never knew I would lose a child.