Hardships

I told Chris the plan and I decided I'd be moving in with August. August was ecstatic hearing this news. I smiled a bit as I put the last of my things in the girl side of his closet. He smirked while watching me. I blushed and closed the door. It was pretty awkward after all that happened. I changed into a regular T-shirt and some boxer shorts. He watched me walk back out and sighed.

"Chanel?" "Yes?" "Why did you choose to move in if you're with Chris?" I shook my head and chuckled. "August we were never really together. And I only moved in for one reason only, actually two." "What are those two reasons?" "One my son needs a normal life and two to help you get better." I looked at him through the mirror. "Oh..." His face fell and he walked off sad.

I let go a breath I didn't know I was holding and started to cry. Why do I continue to hurt him? I don't deserve to be with August but he loves me; flaws and all. I cried harder and leaned against the dresser. All of this is my fault. If it weren't for me everyone would be fine. Honey wouldn't still be half scared to death by Michael. August wouldn't have his feelings hurt by MW all the time. Chris wouldn't be in love with me. I wouldn't be ignoring my brother. Twist would be talking to me. The squad would be normal again.

I huffed and cried harder to the point where it felt like I wanted to vomit. August heard me and came running. "Nell why are you crying?" I looked up at him and shook my head. "Because I ruin everything." I cried more and pushed him off of me. I grabbed a random hoodie and slipped on my converse. I just ran out into the night needing to let out everything I've been bottling up.

I cried harder as I approached the park my best friend used to bring me too all the time and we would talk about our problems. Unfortunately, she was killed in a drive by shooting that was meant for some one else. I cried hard and wiped my tears while rocking back and forth. Her death is my fault too. If I didn't tell her to come over nothing would be wrong. Shed still be here. I covered my face and huffed breathing hard into the hoodie.

Some random guy with a high top came towards the bench and sat down. "Thinking about India?" A familiar deep voice spoke. I looked up at the figure. The darkness blocked me from seeing who it was. "Its Twist."the whispered to me. My eyes sent wide. "I'm so sorry." I cried. "I'm such a bitch. I swear Twist I didn't want to get pregnant, I just did. I fucking miss you so much." I buried my self in his arms and he hugged me closely and kissed my forehead.

"I miss you too Nell. You were mine and then he just came along." I sighed and held unto him as he rubbed my back. I calmed down smelling the familiar scent if Twist's cologne. "Tell me what's wrong?" He held me closer and I looked up at him.

"Twist I'm a screw up. I caused India's death. Then I messed with your feelings. It seems as If I am a fuck up. I cheated August with Chris then I got pregnant. It turned out to be his. I made Chris fall in love with me and I fought Karruche and Michael. I ignore Michael and Honey is scared shitless of him. Not only that but my own Momma doesn't want to speak to me. Let alone I have no one to talk too because everyone probably thinks I'm the fuck up. And they're right." I shrugged. "They're right." I whispered and broke down again.

"Come on vacation with me." Twist looked me dead in my eyes and he was serious. "I have a 4 month old baby Twist and August isn't really good with babies yet. And I can't leave Honey here. Then there's August, he'll go crazy. Hell will fucking break loose." I wiped my stray tears and looked up at him. "I would but the baby isn't even old enough to take a plane." "Leave the baby." i looked up at him crazily. "I will never leave my child here with the people that hate me the most right now." "How about when the baby reaches one, can I take you both on a nice vacation?" I looked up at him and smiled. "That would be really nice." Twist looked into my eyes and sighed as if he wanted me but couldn't have me.

Our mouths were literally centimeters apart and the slightest move forward we would be kissing. Old feelings came rushing back and I stared at him seriously. "Twist I'm in love with you." "I know you are Nell, but you love August more. Anyone can see that." He sighed and moved away from the proximity of our lips. I wiped my last tears and laid my head on Twist's chest. He kissed my temple and ran his fingers through my hair.

I remembered my best friends words.

"Why is life so hard?"

"Because it is. Its only harder if you're stupid. And you know what makes it better?"

"What?"

"There's a nice reward at the end..."