47. The End

This is truly the last part of this book. I feel so happy to have completed it after years of writing. I'm honored to be writing for my readers, and unfortunately, I won't be writing Hidden World (because it shattered my heart), but this makes up for all the shit Hiccup and Skye went through.
I might do a shot about Hiccup and Skye later on that has a time skip, but at the moment, I'm happy with how I've ended it.
It gets a little bit steamy. No sex, just a lot of making out.

Hope you enjoy it!

————————————————-

It was a few days after the huge events had transpired. Skye had been stretched thin as she worked to help Shruiken back on its feet, now that the rule of Aym had passed, ending everything. Her entire life bound to Shruiken was then over and she was free. The Skrills had scattered again so as not to become the prey of humans.
Asmund had enjoyed being apart of the warriors, and so, he relinquished his title to Ambrosia, with Asmund as General of the Army. Captain Tye had been promoted to second-in-command of Shruiken, and he took his duty diligently. Plus, he got to be by Ambrosia's side the whole time.

Hiccup had been stitched up by the healers and put to bed rest for the next couple of days, until he regained his strength. Skye had spent every night by his side until he woke up. She had slept by him upon his insistence and she loved it. She hadn't stopped apologizing for her actions and kept assuring him that she loved him.

Hiccup had stared at her with loving eyes as he pulled her into a soft kiss that melted her heart and made her fingers shaky. When they pulled away, Hiccup had been smiling while she had been reduced to trembling and a hammering heart.

"So," Tye asked as he slung his arm over Skye's shoulder. "How are things with lover boy?"

Skye rolled her eyes as she strolled the market place. Her eyes landed on a shop selling precious metals and pieces. The night called for lanterns strung up everywhere, candles and glowing cups hung over the entire place. Shruiken at night was a delight to witness, like the stars and moonlight responded to the people awake and enjoying the clear night sky's display. She nudged him back. "I don't know. I'm pretty sure he's going to propose soon. At least, that's what I heard when I eavesdropped on him talking to Astrid."

"That's amazing!" Tye exclaimed and pulled her into a hug. Skye gagged playfully. "Oh, stop it!"

She chuckled. "I need to get him something."

"How about a pretty sword?"

"No, he's less inclined towards weapons. How are things with Ambrosia?"

Tye's cheeks turned red and he smiled. "Things are so good that it feels unreal. I love her."

"Please don't let your love-sickness rub off on me," Skye groaned.

"Oh!" Tye said loudly. "Have you seen the way you look at Hiccup? It's like no one else in the world exists!" He pouted his lips and batted his eyelashes at her in a mock-version of her, and he received a hard smack to the arm.

She rubbed her forehead as they approached the shop. She was surprised that they set up their things so quickly after the attack. "Be quiet."

Tye picked up a silver arrowhead. "Give him this to symbolize the direction you will head in the future."

"Stupidest thing I've ever heard," Skye muttered.

"Oh, shopkeeper!" Tye sang. Her face turned red with embarrassment. He was way too jolly, but then again, so was everyone else. The sun had set and she could hear music and dancing in the center of the plaza. The smell of food and baked goods filled the air and everyone was laughing or shouting. Everyone was celebrating their independence from the decades of tyranny. "Do you have anything for lovers?"