31. Viggo's Downfall

Skye had a few plans concerning her dilemma between the three islands of Berk, Dragon hunters and Heths. Well, it turned out unexpectedly.

Rephrase. It became a complete mess.

After two days, dragon riders from Berk attacked the Dragon Hunters in their own island.

A fleet of mysterious people, well armed and decked with weaponry edged towards the island too.
Skye was confused about whom she should've fought. So she tried protecting Viggo. He was her way out.
Hiccup and his riders were taking down sentries and tents, capturing hunters and guards on the south side of the Island. They weren't relenting.
The Unknown tribe were attacking the north side and gaining speed, leaving Viggo, Ryker, Skye and Sin to defend for themselves in the middle of island, where there were forests.

And Skye, thinking it was time that the betrayal plan worked, thought that the unknown tribe was from the Heths. They were not the Hethsians.

"What do we do now?" Ryker asked, brandishing his sword.

Viggo frowned, growling under his breath. "We have to take cover. Come with me."

They followed Viggo to an unmarked path, taking cover under the canopy of trees. From the distance, dragon fires and blasts were heard.Skye didn't know what to do. She knew Viggo was killing dragons on a large scale. But if the Heths ever got hold of him, he might be executed. After all, Viggo was the one who took care of her. Who helped her with her past.

But she had to betray him.

Sin nudged Skye forward, cooing softly. She didn't like any of this. She wanted to leave as soon as possible, before they got hurt. They made their way to a hidden cave. After Viggo and Ryker entered, Skye looked around outside the cave, and then walked in.

"What do we do now?" Skye asked, leaning against the wall. Wolf crawled up her leg and rested against her neck, crooning, terrified.

Ryker and Viggo were quietly talking. The younger brother turned to her. "We will have to wait it out."

"And you think the dragon riders won't search every inch of this island for you?"

Viggo sighed. "Their attack was predictable. As soon as I heard of the attack, I sent a small fleet away from the island, letting the dragon riders think I was on one of those ships."

"And if they capture the fleet?" Ryker asked.

"Then we would have to make our escape by fighting."

"That's a horrible plan." Skye muttered.

"That's exactly why I have you here."

She let out a laugh. "Viggo, I'm flattered that you think of me as a great fighter. But I can't fight off dragons."

"I'm not talking about you fighting. Hiccup, on the other hand, would never want to hurt you." Ryker said with a grin.

"So I'm a smoke screen."

"You're our way out."

Skye rolled her eyes. The Unknown tribe were closing in on their location, unseen by Hiccup and the Dragon Riders, who were near the buildings instead of the forest. She could hear them nearby, feet crunching against the twigs and heavy breathing.

"I have to tell you something, Viggo." Skye said, remorsefully.

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"I sold you out to the Heths."

Ryker lunged at Skye the spilt second she said those words. Instinctively, she ducked and elbowed him sharply. Wolf jumped off her shoulder and perched on Sinless. He fell to the ground with a grunt.

Viggo frowned. "I actually thought you trusted me."

Skye glared at him. "You kill dragons for a living. You thought I would actually be okay with that."

Ryker attempted to get up but Skye simply kicked him. Her sole focus was on Viggo.

"No, I didn't. I knew you hated it. But I thought you needed my help."

"I did."

"Then why?"

"Because you're evil! You kill and hunt and sell dragons! Do they even deserve it?" Skye snapped.

Viggo breathed heavily. "Did Mila deserve to die?"

She paused. "You know I can't answer that. We can only take care of our actions. Not actions of an animal."

Viggo nodded. "I admire you, Skye. But I know that the only reason you do this is because you love Hiccup. You would do anything for him."

"You're joking, right?"

"And I saw the look in your eyes. You love him. You joined me, not because you wanted to get away from him. You joined me because you wanted to protect him. From the Shruiken." Viggo said, walking casually to Skye and pulling Ryker up. "But I thought you had more honor than that."

Ryker stood straight, lip and forehead bleeding. "Unfortunately for you both, I kept countermeasures."

"What?" Skye and Viggo asked in shock.

Ryker smirked maliciously. "You see, I'm sick of the both of you prancing around like you can predict every move. You can't! And I'm done with you, Viggo."

"Brother," Viggo gasped. "What have you done?"

"For you, I'll let Hiccup deal with."

"And me?" Skye asked.

"Let's just say, your old friends want to meet up with you. And you can't escape them this time."

Skye grew petrified. This wasn't good at all.
She had to leave. Viggo would be caught by Hiccup, but she couldn't. She leaped onto her dragon's back. "Sin, we have to go!"

(We begin with the episode where Ryker takes over Viggo's command, and leaves Viggo for Hiccup to find in the second last episode of this new season- Shellfire-2)

The Alpha Skrill flew at an unbelievable speed, breaking the sound barrier. They flew over the woods, and Skye took out her bow and arrows from the saddle when she spotted them.

The Shriuken. They were back.

***

While Hiccup had seen Skye fly off in the distance, he pushed the feelings to go to her away. He had bigger fish to fry. And Toothless wanted bigger fish to eat.
He had found Viggo hiding under the floor of his tent, and immediately, Hiccup changed. Astrid had never seen Hiccup so angry and violent before. He would've chopped off Viggo's head if it weren't for her pulling him back.

"Where did you send Skye to?" He roared at the cowering man.

"Hiccup, calm down!"

"Yes, Hiccup. Calm down," Viggo spat as he straightened himself out. "Your Skye betrayed me anyway. Nothing I could do about it. Besides, you have a bigger problem because of Shellfire, right?"

Hiccup was stuck. Save the one he loves, or save his home island.

"Astrid, put Viggo in chains. I'll decide what to do with him later," Hiccup commanded, and looked towards the dragon riders grimly, "we have to save Berk."