28. A Broken Heart

Skipped out a few parts. We are nearing the end of the latest season. Which means Heather is already reunited with the Riders.

***

Few weeks later:

"Hiccup, we have to act against the dragon hunters now! This is the perfect opportunity to end them at their base!" Astrid argued.

He sighed. "Have you forgotten that Skye is with them? What if we hurt her?"

"You think we haven't thought of the risks? As much as you love Skye-"

"Astrid, I don't love her!" Hiccup retorted angrily.
He had become irrational, aggressive and depressed. Losing Skye was like losing his best friend. He still couldn't understand how Skye could just leave him, when she knew he depended on her so much over the past few years.

Fishlegs butted in. "Hiccup, everyone knows that you love her. You can't deny it."

He sighed and sat on a chair. "I just miss her."

"We all do. But we have to move forward. I mean, come on. We have to protect the dragons before Viggo gets them all." Tuffnut said rationally.

"Yeah, because if we don't, we won't only lose Skye, we will also lose the rest of dragons. " Ruffnut said, equally correct.

Everyone was surprised. Even the twins were—at their logic.

"What they're trying to say is," Heather said, "we won't get an opportunity like this again. It's for the greater good."

Hiccup stayed silent. "Okay. Day after tomorrow at dawn, we attack their base. Capture Viggo and Ryker. Save Skye. Destroy all their buildings and ships. No escape until we give them the ultimatum to turn themselves in peacefully. If they don't, we can use Screamy."

"Who's Screamy?" Snotlout asked.

"Skye's dragon friend. The Screaming Death."

"Should we even be surprised she named the Screaming Death that?" Astrid chuckled.

"Meanwhile, Fishlegs, send a mail to Berk for reinforcements. Also for our allies to cover through sea. We need all the help we can get. My mom can get the Sanctuary dragons to help.
Ruff and Tuff, help Astrid with the weapons and diversion plans. Snotlout and Heather, scout out the area once more. I want the location of every sentry and guard station. Every escape route. I'll go with Toothless and get the Screaming Death. I'll meet up with Johann to see what else has developed in other islands. Alright, gang? Let's go."

They dispersed.

Hiccup went to Toothless and put his saddle. They took off, Hiccup not paying attention to the flight. He had never felt this way before. He truly missed her. He couldn't forgive himself for what he did to her. He drove her away. First he lost his father, and now her. Not her of all people.

He found Johann on the way, stranded near an island. Toothless landed and Hiccup jumped on the boat, looking at a terrified Johann.

"Trader Johann. What happened?" Hiccup asked in concern.

Johann trembled. "Oh, Master Hiccup. It was terrible. It reminds me of one of my journeys where I had to face a—"

"Get to the point." He snapped.

The trader nodded. "Yes well, you see I was on my merry way to meet up with the nearby inhabitants, when this dragon rider comes out of nowhere and starts attacking my ship! I thought the rider was one of you!"

Hiccup frowned. This wasn't good. If more dragon riders keep coming up to wreck havoc, it would be hard to keep the peace. "Did you happen to see anything significant about the rider?"