27. Painful Memories

Skye entered Viggo's tent. "You wanted to see me?"

Viggo got up from his desk, holding an open book down. He smiled. "Yes, I did."

The girl raised an eyebrow when he did not continue. "What for?"

"No need to be so snappy."

"No need to piss me off."

"Someone has quite the temper, huh?" Viggo teased.

Skye gave him a flat look, and then stalked out of the tent without a word. Viggo went after her.

"Skye. Get back in here. I just wanted to share this information about dragons." He called out tauntingly.

She stopped mid-step and turned around on her heel. "Make it quick." She gritted her teeth and walked back into the tent after Viggo.

He grinned the faintest of sly grins, and opened the book on the table. Skye stood beside him and looked at the fine print. "It's in a different language," she observed.

"Quite so. It's actual coded. But I do know a few things about my island's codes and enigmas. Heths love complications, you see." Viggo muttered as he started scanning the pages.

Skye sat down on a stool, patiently waiting as she toyed with her dagger. She almost nicked herself twice, when Viggo took the knife from her, put it carefully down on the table and continued reading. She glared at him, picked up the knife and started playing again.

Viggo stopped reading after a few minutes. "Alright. I've read just a few pages. It's just an introduction about the various dragons. And there are so many species here. One of which, include your Alpha Skrill."

"Really?"

"There is a little bit of information on the Skrills. But it referenced a book called the Untamable Skeillka."

"Okay. What else?"

Viggo turned to her, eyes curiously watching her. "What do you know about that book?"

"The Skeillka? Nothing. It's the first time I've heard of it." Skye lied, not wanting to delve into her island's secrets.

He sighed. "Why are you lying?"

"I'm not."

"Your full name is Skyla Einar. You come from the island of Alsaer." He grinned when her expression turned panicked.

Skye slumped her shoulders and sighed. "You know, Viggo. I really wish you hadn't said that."

She whipped out one ankle dagger, grabbed the back of Viggo's head and slammed his skull down onto the table with a loud crack. As Viggo pulled back with a surprised grunt, Skye pushed him face-down on the table, holding the dagger near his neck.

"Wait, Skye! I don't want to hurt you." He said, voice muffled against the table.

"Then how do you know? What else do you know?" She growled, cutting the side of his neck, just as a warning.

Viggo squirmed, but she held a tight grip against his arm. "Just-just let me up and we'll talk!"

"That's not happening. You could use this information against me."

"And you could kill me within a second. Seems like we are both at a disadvantage." He replied. "But I'm not going to use it against you."

"How can you even reassure me of that?" She asked with a dry chuckle.

"If I ever do, you have permission to kill me."

"Or I could just kill you now, take over the fleet of dragon hunters. After all, a threat taken out is way better, right?"