33. At Long Last, Together Again

Sinless had been flying for hours upon hours, with Wolf acting as sentry. Skye had been unconscious ever since they left the Dragon Hunter island, and Sin knew that Skye wouldn't be able to recover without any help. She was bleeding all over, and she was not waking up due to extreme exhaustion.

Sinless only thought of one person who could help. And that was Hiccup.

Skye stirred a bit, moving from the top of Sin's back. She let out a small moan, feeling the flap of wings and breeze very discomforting, the blood on her wounds still slightly dripping.

"S-Sin," she rasped out, and the dragon let out a tired huff, pushing harder and faster. Her wings were giving out, but she couldn't let Skye down now when they were so close.

Skye was slipping off the back, not being able to keep grip after shifting her position. Her bloodied fingers cracked as they curled to reach for a strap, but she hadn't the strength to even stretch. Wolf was trying his hardest to pull Skye back straight, but he was too weak. Skye slowly slipped off, letting out a silent scream before she could control herself. Sinless roared and dove down, catching up to the falling girl.

Skye blacked out before she could feel Sin's claws digging around her waist.

***

Hiccup and the gang had just returned after a tiring day. They had been pouring Gronckle Iron all over the island where the lava started sprouting from the volcanic mountain.
Hiccup had gone off with Snotlout and the Nutt twins to retrieve more sandstone and limestone for the Gronckle Iron recipe, while Astrid had decided to scout around in search of stray Hunter ships. Fishlegs was preparing Meatlug for the next round of Gronckle Iron.

It was exhausting.

Astrid returned to the Edge, and fed Stormfly some chicken after the dragon had performed quite well during their flight and scouting. Astrid stroked Stormfly. "I wonder when Hiccup and the others will get back. I hope they didn't get into any trouble near the Northern Markets."

Stormfly let out a gargle and nudged the rider. She fed her another chicken leg, when Fishlegs burst in with Meatlug, screeching all the way.

"Astrid! I just saw the most scariest and by far surprising thing I have ever seen and I don't know what to do! I need your-"

"Fishlegs, calm down!" Astrid interrupted, alarmed at how breathless he was. Fishlegs never ran unless he was in complete danger, or immensely excited. Meatlug seemed just as excited and breathless. It must mean something of worth.

"I-I couldn't understand it at first, but then it started coming closer and closer-"

"Wait, wait!" She said, holding her hands up. "Start from the beginning."

"Let's go there while I explain everything!"

They climbed on their dragons and flew off, while Fishlegs started ranting about the huge flying cocoon that had crashed its way in the middle of the forest on the island, destroying most of the area around it to land without harm. He couldn't have made out what exactly destroyed the nearby forest, he had described it as a huge explosion that erupted from one end of the cocoon, but he was so giddy to find out.

Astrid looked at him skeptically. "A cocoon?"

He nodded. "That's what it looked like to me. I didn't want to go alone in case-"

"In case something bad happened. Good call, Fishlegs. Hiccup and the others aren't here, and if this is some sort of attack, we need to be as prepared as possible."

They both reached the site where there were broken trees and dirt swept up in the crater, and at the end of the deforested area at the bottom of the crater, was indeed, a cocoon.