A Phone Call with the Senpais (and another introduction, of course)

Shura’s POV:

“Shu-onee, that isn’t good, and you know it!” Nat’s voice scolded me over the phone, and so I belched as I let out a breathy chuckle.

“Ah~ You would do the same thing if you were in my position, Nattie-chan.” I muse, and let a soft drawl escape my lips as I lean back against my chair, my feet propped up against the top of the table I was sitting in front of.

“Still! I-I do know that Opaa-san wouldn’t want you doing that…” Nat’s voice grew a little more quiet, until I cleared my throat awkwardly.

“So, how’s the house goin’? I heard it burned down from Kon-chan.” I smirk a little as her voice goes a little quiet, hearing her mouth go agap then back to join with her lips. “Hah? So it’s true?” I chuckle, and then my eyes softened a little at her comments. “Yeah, yeah. I gotcha. We’ll get the car there by 12:00, right?” Biting my lip to stifle the giggles that came up my throat, I listened to Nat’s complaints about me not being a good enough listener as I hummed to a tune blaring from the radio. “Oi, Miya-chan~ Don’t put on the music so loud, goddamn!” I pout, and then chuckle as Nat perks up at the sound of her friend.

“M-Miya-nee is there?” She asks frantically, and so I nod.

“Yup, and still running like Usain Bolt on steroids! Here, I’ll get her, but you promise me you’ll be good! She just came back from a mission and she’s really grumpy.” I warn, and take the now empty can before tossing it in the trash bin, trotting to the blue haired girl as I knocked on the door with a loud bang.

“Yo, kiddo. Getcha ass up, I need to give you the phone.” I state with a grin, flexing my shoulder as I look to the woman, her polishing the gun in her hand.

“Who is it?” The woman asks, her aqua colored eyes tracing up to look at me, a blonde brow raised as she took the phone, giving a grouchy ‘hello’, before her eyes widened slightly and a small smile came to her lips. “Well, die my hair blonde and call me dumb! It’s you, kiddo.” She chuckles at the laugh, and so I smile more, knowing that the two hadn’t seen each other for a long time. Hell, no one really sees that woman anymore.

Kicking the door closed, I started back towards the couch, taking another beer from the table.

Miyako’s POV:

I held the phone to my ear, substituting my hand for my shoulder as I rubbed the oily cloth over the dark colored gun, my smile a little one as I listened to the younger girl ramble on and on about how worried she was, and that she sent letters but never could send them and so she tried to make me feel better, though the hole in my chest didn’t subside.

“Miya-nee, I met someone!” Nat’s next statement made my grip on the towel tighten, as I stand up and look at the phone incredulously.

“Hah?! No, that can’t be! I thought I warded them off!” I laugh a little, starting to pace as I run a hand through the part of my hair that was down. Observing the roots, I decide that I probably will need another treatment of the weird dye Mephisto gives me.

“N-no, Miya-nee that was years ago! Anyways, he’s really nice and he’s protective and polite and trustworthy and-and he’s also an Exorcist! A really good one at that, an Aria and Dragoon, just like you Miya-nee!” I could hear the smile from hundreds of miles away, and so I grin, leaning back against the wall and setting the gun down, it disappearing back into the other world that was like a storage closet for my weapons.

“Really? Aw, does he have blue hair too?” I tease, and so she stutters for an insult before huffing. “I’m just kidding with ya, Nat. But be safe for me, okay? Especially if we have the mission coming up. It’s almost graduation, you know.” I say with a more serious tone, the quiet sigh echoing through the speaker as she started to speak again.

“I know, Miya-nee. But...But why do we have to fight all the time? I mean-I mean it’s just useless if it’s never going to leave, isn’t it? Why can’t we just try to get along with them? We get along with Amai-nii, and Mephi-nii, and we’re better with Azazel now that we’ve met him…” She murmured, and so I just shake my head, strands of hair shuffling against the phone.

“Don’t argue with me on this, Nat. We’ve had enough trouble with Egyn as it is, and Lucifer has just gone back into his slumber. Two demon kings we are not on good terms with, and the kid of Satan knocked out Astaroth, so he’s still pretty pissed about it.” I state bluntly, my left hand hugging my right forearm, my frown and tone evident to my foul mood.

“But Beezlebub and Iblis haven’t shown any-”

“Wrong. Iblis was the one who burned down your house, as to his confession from our interrogation, and Beezlebub has been sending out his insects to wipe out entire villages that have the blood or have descendants that have the blood of Satan. Beezlebub killed your servant’s family during the war with Lucifer with a slow, uneased and painful death. Don’t think that just because we are allies with some of the demons, it doesn’t mean that we are going to be allies with all of them. They hurt our families and our comrades.

“This is war, Natsuki. Don’t forget it.” I pressed the ‘End’ button on the screen, tossing the phone back and falling onto my bed.