A Pair of Blue Eyes, and a Dream

Nat’s POV:

Galloping on Ramses, I halted, seeing a girl with cream colored hair and the bluest of blue eyes staring down at an animal, her hands covered with blood and her bottom half of her tattered shirt. I hopped off Ramses, patting his flank once before letting him graze as I walked slowly to the girl.

“S-Stay back!” The girl whimpered, holding out her blood-stained hands. I dropped my sword, and kicked it away from me. She stopped and looked at it, and scurried back. “You!” She hissed, her voice now demonic and feral. “You’re an exorcist!” She hissed, and bared her teeth at me. The poor girl looked at me with her blue eyes, and my breath caught in her throat. They were the same as Onii-san and Nii-san’s. They were the same blue. Could she be…

“I won’t hurt you. Look, I’ll show you.” I call out a familiar- a sea serpent that had blue eyes and pale white scales for its skin, that nuzzled against my hand, in a regular, small snake form. “If anything, I want to be your friend.” I say to her comfortingly. She only shook her head, and her lip trembled The girl looked only about the age of 14, though she was so...frail. Tiny. Like a child. I took a step forward, then another, slowly, to make sure that I did not startle her. She stayed there, as if she was standing her ground for meat.

“B-but the others...they tried to hurt me...tried to...tried to kill me. I-I don’t know what I did wrong! I-I’m just looking for my family.” She whimpered, her frame curled into a ball with her hands hugging her knees, her head in her hands. I knelt down in front of her, pulling her figure into my chest, and into my embrace. “D-don’t-” She stopped, seeing her voice was muffled against my chest. “Nani...What’re you doing? You’ll get hurt and-”

“I won’t get hurt. I promise. I’ll stay by you, and I’ll be your family. We’ll be a good family. I promise it.” I whisper against her silky strands. Her eyes water, and she starts to bawl, her hands clutching at my shirt as she sobbed into my chest. Her shoulders shook as she cried, and so I patted her hair, her hair sticking to her cheeks. I kissed her head, then hugged her.

“Arigatou...Onee-chan!” She cried, and her eyes gazed up to mine, and I smiled back at her before looking down at her.

“Who were you looking for?” I asked her gently, taking her to a stream nearby to clean her hands with a rag I had in Ramses’ saddle. The girl watched Ramses drink from the stream, and looked back at me.

“I was looking for Mephisto-onii-san, and Amaimon-onii-san.” She states with a sweet smile, and my hand goes slack on her wrist with the rag.

“M-Mephisto and Amaimon?” I asked with a slight whimper, and I blinked twice before looking back at her. She nodded, a sweet smile on her face.

“Uhuh! Mama said to look for them once I was of age to leave the house.” She smiled proudly, but then her smile fell. “I guess this was what she was talking about. I was running from all of these people with guns and swords, and I just-I got scared. I-I don’t mean for the flames to hurt them, I just don’t want them to hurt me.” She whispered, her hands now clutcing her hair, staining it with crimson. I shook my head, quickly taking her hands in mine.

“You were protecting yourself, but what do you mean? Why would- are you-” She answered my question with a smile and nod, as if she was proud of being a demon- a daughter of the king of them, if I was correct. “T-then your father…”“...is Satan. Yes. My papa is Satan.”

I frowned a little, before nodding, seeming to take this in. She seemed to notice my frown, and immediately got into a fighting position, her hand stretched out.

“D-don’t!” She cried, her eyes watering. I shake my head, and let out a giggle, peeling off my socks and dipping my toes into the cool stream. “What’s so funny?!” She yells, huffing and crossing her arms. I look at her with soft eyes, and so her blue eyes soften, then cast downward. “G-gomen.” She mumbles, though it did not seem like she really meant it.

“I know Mephisto-san and Amaimon, though Amaimon and I don’t share much of a cheerful relationship.” I close my eyes, and quickly wave away the memories of Bon almost dying, Rin getting hurt and Yukio getting thrown into the ocean. “I know two other half-brothers of yours, though.” I smile a little as she perks up, and smiles widely.

“I have two more onii-chans?” She asks excited, and I nod.

“Uhuh. I grew up with them. They’re the best brothers to ask for, and they’re my family too, so they’ll be with you too.” I smile as happy tears twinkle in her eyes, and she just nods. “The oldest one is Rin, and the younger one-though they’re both my age- is Yukio. Rin is a Baka, and Yukio seems like the good kid. They’ll love you.” I smile at her, and leave a hand on her head.

“Arigatou, Onee-chan! I’m really excited to meet them!” She smiles. “Can you-well...Mama wanted me to do something. She wanted me to be an Exorcist, because she wanted me to help those in need. I want to become a Doctor and Aria, along with a Tamer.” She smiles widely. “I want to help those, because I know that there are bad demons. But Papa...Papa was good. To me, at the least. I remembered once...he had smiled. It seemed like he truly loved me, and…” She clenches her fist, and lets out a soft sigh. “I want to show people that there are good demons, harmless demons. There’s more to them that meets the eye.” She smiles faintly.  

“I’ll help you get that dream.” I state firmly. She looked at me with wide eyes, and squeaked out of surprise.

“Y-you don’t have to, you’re already doing enou-”

“I want to.” I state with a wide smile. The happy tears that were in her eyes dripped down, and then, she wrapped her arms around me and started to cry with joy.

“Arigatou!! Arigatou, Arigatou, Arigatou!” I didn’t say anything, but dried off her hands with a gentle smile, and helped her up after putting my shoes back on.

“C’mon, let’s get you a bath and get you a bed.” I coo, and help her up onto Ramses, and I kick his flank after climbing on.