Mixed Feelings, and Another Nightmare

Bon’s POV:

I looked over at the girl, and let out a sigh, a smile visible on my lips. She looked innocent; like a child while sleeping. I let her rest, her dark haired head nestled in my shoulder. I blushed faintly as I ripped off another hunk of pink cotton candy from the cloud of pink fluff. Why’d she thank me, anyways? I didn’t do much. Her dark curls came out of her bun, and I resisted the urge to brush it back. Was it my neatness or-or something else that made me want to do that? I didn’t know.

Her nose twitched a little, making me chuckle. Drool had clouded on the corner of her lip, and so I just dabbed it with her cotton candy, trying to hide a laugh as it stuck a little to her mouth. The sky started to darken, resulting in a huge collection of light sprayed above us in the sky. I smiled a little, looking up. “Nat. Nat, wake up, you baka.” I nudged her, and then nudged her again when she didn’t budge.

I sighed, picking her up with her chin resting on my shoulder, and her arms flailed out over my neck. I had her legs dangling from each side of me, and my arms were looped around her legs, and shoved inside my pockets. “Jeez, you’re so troublesome. Deep sleeper I say.” I mumbled to the sleeping girl, and took another bite out of my cotton candy. Tossing the now bare cone into the trash can, I saw Rin and the others. Blinking a few times, I looked at the sleeping face of Nat, before starting towards their direction.

Rin’s POV:

I saw Bon and Nat, and my eyebrows furrowed as my eyes narrowed. Looking at them, I noticed how Shima looked away quickly, his fists clenched and shoved in his pockets. I looked at the both of them, and sighed a little taking Nat from Bon. When I did, I held her like a baby, shifting her without ease.

“Baka.” Bon grumbled, taking her back and putting her frame on his back easily. She nestled closer, her figure slightly shivering. He slipped his coat over her, and her trembling stopped. He smiled faintly, and looked over at us. “So what’s up, are we goin’ on a mission?” He asked, hefting Nat up a little higher.

I shook my head, trying not to glare at him. It’s fine. He’s not doing anything to her. She’ll be fine. “Nah, we just wanted to chill for now.” I stated lightly, and rested my head on my chin. Yukio helped Nat off of Bon, wiping the corner of her mouth with his glove, picking her up.

“Sorry ‘bout her.” He sighs lightly, and sets her on the ground, making her jerk awake immediately.

“What…” She started softly, her braid a little out of place. Nat blinked a few times, and got up quickly, bowing multiple times. “G-gomenasai!” She yelped, her cheeks a deep crimson. Her hair spilled over her face and down to her knees, and she had her figure bowed down towards the other boy. I looked away quickly, hating how she treated him like royalty. He blushed faintly, then chuckled softly as he just turned away, starting to walk away.

“It’s fine.” He looked over his shoulder, and saluted, starting towards the boys’ dormitory. She smiled and waved, before getting tackled by Haru. She squeaked and giggled, picking up the cub and holding her to her chest. I noticed that she didn’t look at me, nor Yukio. It saddened me, that she would ignore me just like that. We had not seen each other for so long, and yet she acted like this.

“Nat-”

“W-Well, I’m getting a little bit tired out...so Oyasumi...na..sai…” She murmured, her eyes drooping. When it came to her, she couldn’t stay awake for so long. If she had a bad sleep-which was a lot- she probably couldn’t stay awake more than 13 hours. It was the way her body works. I caught her as she fell forward, her head resting on my shoulder. I sighed faintly, and picked her up, holding her in my arms as I started towards her dorm, led by Kamiki, since Shiemi had already left for her home.

“Oh, Nat.” I murmured, and set her down on her bed. Pulling her hair out of the bun she had it in, her hair flowed over her side like a dark streak of paint. I pulled the blankets over her, slowly stripping her of her clothes and putting on a pair of shorts and a tank top that I thought were her pajamas. I didn’t really look at her like that, because, well, when you’re in the same household for about 13 years, you kind of don’t attract to them at all. I mean, when I first met her, sure, I had a kid crush on her. But that was a child-like thing, an immature nature.

When I looked at her now, all I could see was the little sister that I needed to protect.

Natsuki’s POV:

When I woke up, I had tears on my cheeks, my hair tousled and my head burning. Another nightmare, it seemed. I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself as I sat up, petting Haru’s soft fur. Hoping it would calm me down, I pulled the cat closer to me, nestling my nose in her back. Hearing a soft rumble in her chest, she licked my cheek and then my hair, like she was grooming me. She used to do this a lot, when she wanted to calm me down and to keep me safe, to show that I had her with me.

“Arigatou, Haru.” I whispered to her, kissing her head. She nudged her head higher against my lips, her whiskers twitching as she licked her nose. I giggled softly as she tried to make me feel better, like prancing around, and chasing her chair. When I was younger, it would make me smile and play with her, but now is different. I’ve lost almost everything I had clung onto with my life, falling down, closer and closer into the hands of Satan.

When Shiro first died, Satan seemed so comforting, whispering to me that it was okay, that he would stay by my side forever. But then when the light streamed through the windows each morning, I would always imagine Shiro waking me up, the smile of his bringing me back over to the real world, though I knew, deep in my heart, that it wasn’t true. He would never smile at me like that again. He would not be here with me. With Rin. With Yukio. With us.

I got up, and pulled on a sweatshirt and my boots before walking out the door, Haru trotting next to me. Closing the door behind me, I pressed my forehead against the door, slowly turning and jogging out of the dormitory.