Memories

Bon:

I looked at the girl, long after she turned her back on us, and her long dark streak of hair disappeared behind the corner. Shima nudged my side, making me look over at him. “Hm?” I started with a glare, and he chuckled.

“You like her, don’tcha?” He teased, making me growl a little at him.

“Baka!” I quickly protested, making him snicker.

“Bon’s growing up~” He cooes, wiping away fake tears. He patted Konkemaru’s head, much to his protest. Even so, the two had fun making rude comments about my weird behavior. They always did this, however, no matter how annoying it was, I was secretly glad that I had such a carefree environment and atmosphere. It was much better than the scolding and sophisticated, teaching one of the shrine. Much, much better.

“I am not!!” I scowl, and cross my arms.

“He’s getting embarrassed! It’s so kawaii~” Shima smirks, and dabs his eyes. Konkemaru laughs, and smiles cheekily, seeming to have much amusement to Shima’s words. “I’m surprised you’d get a thing for her so fast,” He mused, and chuckled when I started to twitch from annoyance. I take back what I thought in the first place. Studying is certainly much more fun.

“S-She just looked familiar, okay?!” I growl, and they chuckle.

“Sure.” Shima states, not one bit convinced. What was so important that I liked this girl? I just met her, it doesn’t matter whether or not I liked her personality or anything, it just had a- a spark. I don’t know, I’m not some sap, I’m just thinking of something stupid. God, how’d I even get that idea?  

“Seriously!” I mumble to myself, jabbing my fingers into my forehead to rub my temples. “Jeez.” I scowl, frowning. “She reminded me of the girl we used to play with when we were little. She looked like her, that’s all.” I shrug it off  easily, but I couldn’t help but feel a small twinge of unease from that statement. If I was lucky, they wouldn’t try to ponder on it, but considering myself and my fucked up luck, then I knew immediately they’d try.

“What was her name again? Natalie...Nat-chan...Natsie...Nat!” Konkemaru exclaims, and smiles widely. “It’s her!! It’s Nat!” He smiled and looked at me. “And didn’t you propose to a girl to make her jealous because you liked her?” He partially teases. I growled lowly at him, my cheeks reddening. Hopefully, neither Rin & Yukio would hear. Even if they didn’t hear it, there’d be endless teasing from the two childhood friends of mine.

“You proposed to Onee-chan?!” Rin yowls, perking up as he started to unsheathe his sword, his eyes wide and his look menacing. Overprotective much? “How dare you-”

“Nii-san, no!” Yukio cut in with a sharp voice like a blade, but he noticed what the question was. “Y-you hit on Nat?” He asks slower, his eyes narrowing and his hand reaching for his gun.  

“N-no! Why would I?!” I blush more, knowing that I would probably have to kiss-ass to get back my good grades. I glare at the two boys who started the chaos, though they sniggered with snorts and giggles, backing away quickly, as if they weren’t a part of the conversation.

“Let’s go to bed, Konkemaru.” Shima suggested, motioning for him to follow. Konkemaru nods, on the pinkette’s heels as they started out of the bathroom, the room still smelling like octopus and the body odor of sweat and blood. I snort, and go after them as fast as my legs could carry me to my dorm; I knew that I was worse than dead by now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________