Pulling the Trigger, and Fears that are Covered

Koko's POV: 

Observing the target in front of me, I held the gun unsteadily, it trembling in my hands as I tried to glare at the dummy’s head. Feeling the assuring hand of Yukio’s on my own, he let his fingers guide mine to the right places, unloading the empty basket of bullets, reloading it by pulling back the part on the top. I think. “This is too confusing.” I grumble under my breath, puffing up my cheeks as I heard Yukio chuckle into my hair. I hated that I was tall; almost taller than Yukio himself. Of course, he still liked the fact that I acted younger and more inexperienced than him, so he had someone to protect easily, or even someone who could stay at his side.

“That’s it; easy.” He instructed with a gentle voice, knowing that the frustration that I held so amateurly would explode like a shaken up soda bottle if he was too rough with trying to help.

“Yeah, I gotcha, I gotcha.” I mumble again, before then holding it above my face, pulling the trigger and yelping as the back of the gun forced its way to the bridge of my nose. “Ow!” I cry, and hold my nose as blood started to drip down, my lips staining crimson as I lick off the blood. “Yuki-”

“You’re so clumsy; you’ll die on the field if you do that somewhere else, you know.” He scolded, holding my face with one hand to tilt it up.  I just roll my eyes and look to the side, grumbling as he wiped the blood away before it could crust up.

“Bleh.” I stick out my tongue to him childishly, and then look at the dummy again, about to hold up the gun before hearing someone slowly clap. Perking up, I turn to glare at a woman with seemingly turquoise hair, who held her head high as she was perched atop the railing.

“Ah, I see my little pupil is teaching yet another his ways. Make sure not to spill too many secrets, alright?” The woman crowed, her legs swinging so her baggy pants flapped around like flabby skin on an old hag. Maybe she was an old hag. Crazy and delusional, I’ll say.

“Miyako-san, you don’t need to be rude.” Yukio sighed exasperatedly, before plucking the pistol from my hands, ignoring the yelp that exploded from my lips. He turned slightly to look at me, a little gnawing at his bottom lip could be seen. “Koyalee, this was my old...teacher, Miyako. Miyako, this is my-”

“I am Koyalee. Koyalee Koko.” I state for myself, casting the taller boy a slight glare as I didn’t like being called ‘his’ or ‘hers’ or of any possession. The woman chuckled, seeing the little flare that had sparked between the two of us, and dropped down, her stocky figure like a giant over ours. Standing at least two inches taller than Yukio and about four inches more than myself, she loomed over me.

“Miyako Aki.” The woman held out her hand, and so I took it, with a slight grin on my lips, Yukio looking to both of us with a confused gaze.

“Have you two met-”

“I like yer taste, little pupil.” Miyako cheered, and patted his head roughly, much to his protest.

“T-taste? Miya-sensei, she’s not-” He sighed, letting the older woman noogie him to his death. Hopefully, he didn’t see his grandma. Laughing to myself, I take the gun back before looking to the dummy.

“Now then…” 

Lucifer’s POV:

I watched the man pace as his tail lashed about, his white strands of hair like the color of ivory, his grimace contorting his face that was fair and clear. Most would mistake him for an angel, like that new Paladin, Arthur Angel. Even so, the fact was that a much uglier, more hideous beast waited behind that mask of innocence and good appearance. Me being his son, I should know.

“Satan-sama, where is the next location?” I ask breezily, my eyes bored as they gazed to the man, who seemed obviously nervous. Knowing him well enough, it was probably a facade, just like all of his existence was. That girl was able to prove that. What was her name again? “It seems that my regeneration will take a few centuries or so, but I don’t think that the ties will keep me there if you manage to kill her. Of course, for you that’ll be easy.”

“Right,” the man muttered, his canines poking out slightly from his pink lips. “Of course. I shall slaughter her, finish the job.” He concluded evasively, his frown more like an upside down smirk, his lips pulling back to something like a protective snarl. What would he protect from me, his eldest and the most powerful of his generals?

“Satan-sama, why-why couldn’t you do that in the first place? Why did you just give her that seal? It binds her to you, yes, but to what limit? Her patron said herself that she would-”

“Silence!” He growled lowly, his eyes flashing a flame of hatred in the pair of blue eyes. “I have my reasons, ones that you will not know of!” The man stormed the other way, as if cowering from the accusation that I was thrusting upon him.

“Then what are they? That she reminds you of that person? That yang to your yin? The person who dragged you down to Hell and then abandoned you? That goddess, the damned Gai-”

“If you mutter her forsaken name in this realm, I will make sure you don’t come back from your slumber.” He threatened with a low tone, his form rigid and trembling slightly from fury, or whatever negative emotion always rolled from him. After a moment of silence, I just nod, bowing my head and turning on my heel.

“Very well. A fair warning to you, Father. Your seal will not last for much longer. It would be best to kill her soon. Best by the end of the school year of theirs.” Ignoring the small grunt of acknowledgment, I start towards the door of his chamber.