A Movie, and Looking for Presents (Pt.1)

Hoshimi’s POV:

I sat next to Konkemaru, my stomach on his back as he laid down sideways , talking to Shima. I grinned, faintly blushing as I propped my chin up with my fists, clearly fascinated with the movie we were watching; Divergent. I was clearly annoyed though, because when I first came-I more of a likely barged into her room, but oh well, potato potata- to True Cross, I had found a book on Nat’s night stand, and it was called “Divergent.”

So, a few days later, I had read the whole Divergent series. So, now I had full understanding of what was happening, and it was not all accurate. I huffed, swinging my legs back and forth, waiting for Nat to return. “Konke-chan, when’s Onee-chan gonna come back?” I whine, rolling on my back and looking at him. Hearing Koko laugh softly, I looked up and was now sitting on Konkemaru’s back as I looked at the girl in front of me confused. “What’s so funny?” I pouted, and looked at Koko as she smiled at me.

“Nothing, you two just look like an adorable couple.” She cooes, and smirks slightly. Konkemaru blushes a lot, and my cheeks darken to a crimson red as I quickly shake my head.

“C-Chigau!” Both of us yelp. I shoot away from him, and blush even more when he blushes and smiles sheepishly at me. I huff and quickly look the other way.

“Whatever. He’s just my good friend, that’s all! He’s Konke-chan, any girl would want a guy like him! He’s sweet and funny and adorable and cute and nice and he’s just-he’s just Konke-chan!” I yelp, my cheeks flaming as I quickly smack Bon’s arm, quickly running away.

“Ite!! Why’d you hit me, you rainbow spitting Baka?!” Bon yelped, and flicked me off before sitting back down. I didn’t answer, but just ran out the door.

Izumo’s POV:

“Bon, you didn’t need to yell at her like that.” Yukio states sternly, pushing his glasses up with his middle finger.

“She didn’t need to hit me!” Bon protested, crossing his arms and mumbling something under his breath. I let out a soft sigh, and stood up. “Where’re you goin’, Kamiki?” Bon scowled, crossing his arms. “Shit! We have to get presents for Nat!” He yelps, and shoots up starting for the keys to his dorm. Seems like someone’s really immersed in getting the birthday girl a good present. I think, and smirk lightly. Something fun to blackmail him with.

“I’ll go check on Hoshimi, she’s probably in Nat’s dorm.” I announce, pulling on my shoes before flexing my shoulders. “Don’t burn the building down, there are people in it.” I state with a huff, and cross my arms before opening and slamming the door shut.

Knocking on Nat’s door, I slowly opened the door, finding it was unlocked. I peeped my head inside, to find that Hoshimi was curled up watching the clouds on the window seat of Nat’s dorm. “Yo.” I mumble, closing the door behind me and leaning against the wall next to it.

“What’re you doing here? Shouldn’t you be with minna getting ready?” Hoshimi murmured, her voice muffled against her hair and her hands. I only chuckled slightly, my cheeks flushed as I sit down across from her.

“There wouldn’t be ‘minna’ if you weren’t there, Hoshimi.” I state firmly, and smile faintly. “Now let’s go back and help get presents, ne?” I start, and hold out my hand to her. “Nat wouldn’t want you to sulk, she-” I frowned, seeing that her cerulean eyes were filled with tears. “G-Gomene!!” I yelp, and start to bow, embarrassed that I was doing such a thing for someone I barely knew. She sat in between Nat and I, while Nat sat in between Hoshimi and Rin. I swear, those four are inseparable; Yukio, Rin, Nat, and Hoshimi.

“I-I just wanna get a good present for Onee-chan; she’s done so much and I don’t know how to repay her!” She cries, and starts to scoot closer to me until she rests her head on my arm. “I-I mean if it weren’t for her I’d be-”

“I know. She’s nice to everyone.” I mumble, and pat her head.

“Right.” She smiles and starts to wipe her eyes, flattening the front of her white blouse. “Alright, let me just put on my-” I hold out the pair of black converse in front of her, a chuckle from my lips.

“Baka.” I mumble, taking one of her feet and slipping the shoe over it. Tying the shoe laces, I pushed the leg away, and huffed, crossing my arms. “There, now we need to go.” I announce, and grab her hand before dragging her out of the door, towards outside, where our friends were waiting.

Rin’s POV:

I stood in front of a pet store of the mall, really tempted to buy an animal for Nat, but stopped myself. I then remembered something from when it was Nat’s 6th birthday, and Shiro had taken the three of us for birthday shopping.

About 10 Years Ago- Rin’s POV:“Papa, let’s go to the pet store!” I suggested as I tugged on Nat’s and Yukio’s hand, jogging up to Shiro. He turned and grinned, nodding in agreement.

“That’s a good idea! I mean, the more the merrier, I always say!” He chuckled softly, causing me to grin, feeling proud of myself that I was able to convince Shiro to do something. We started to skip happily to the pet store, but Nat stubbornly stopped in her tracks, pointing to the animal shelter.

“We should go there.” She stated quietly, her eyes meeting ours directly, so we could see the care and passion in her eyes as she said this.

“Why?” Shiro mused, crouching to her level. Nat closed her eyes, then opened them again, as if she had decided something.

“I want to go there because animals who are in need of care are there, not ones that are already treated well. No one would really think of going to an animal shelter, much one that has familiars there instead of regular animals. I want to help any animal, demon or not.” She explained, her voice growing stronger and more confident.

Shiro smiled faintly, as if this made him remember something. “Alright kiddo, lead the way.” He stated, and so Nat nodded, grabbing our hands and starting towards the animal shelter.

Present-Rin’s POV:

“Let’s go to the animal shelter.” I state firmly, before stretching. “Now. Let’s go!” I cheer, and take Hoshimi’s and Yukio’s arms, starting to lead them towards the section that was yipping with the sounds of barks and exotic animals.

Once we got there, we looked around, until we heard a loud meow. We turned to see a huge black cat, with luminous amber eyes.

“Ya-mi.” It rumbled, its voice low but very soft. I crouched to it, and rubbed under its chin. I looked down to its feet, and saw that on one side of its hind right leg, he had a long scratch that ran from his flank to his paw. “Ya-mi. Ya-mi.” He meowed, sniffing my leg and saying the word ‘Yami’ over and over again.

“Hm, you seem like a nice one.” Yukio mused, gently petting it, and holding out a slim bowl, filling it with a clear liquid. Instead of bounding to it, it scrunched up its nose and turned his nose away from the catnip wine, in which Kuro took most delight in finishing.

“Yami means ‘Darkness’, right?” Hoshimi murmured, seeming fascinated with the cat. She picked him up, and smiled. “Yami. That’s your name. Do you like the person we know, Onee-chan?” She says to the dark furred cat, who only meows and nods, as if he can understand.

“Yosh~ I think we’ve found our present for her!” Hoshimi grins, signing the paperwork the clerk gave us before setting Yami in her arms, starting towards the entrance of the clothes store; where the rest were shopping for the birthday girl; my sister.