The Truth, and a Promise

Bon’s POV:

Everyone had dispersed into chaos.

“What do we do?” Shiemi tugged on Izumo’s sleeve, looking at her fearfully. She glared over at me, and huffed as she crossed her arms.

“Ask him, it was his fault.” I heard her mumble. Instead of retorting back to her comment, I stayed silent for a few moments, thinking of what Nat had said. What did she mean? How could she know how that felt? How could anyone know how that would feel? That would only be possible if… Something popped into my head and my eyes widened, my teeth gnawing at my lip in guilt. She went through it. Should I tell her I know? Well...what do I know? I know that something happened that she won’t tell me, and that she’s gone through Satan. Damn you, Satan. That thought crossed my mind and I frowned, quickly blinking a few times before feeling a hand whack my head. “Ite!” I yelp, and glare at Konkemaru.

“G-Gomen. But go after her! She needs your apology!” He clenches his fists. “She’s a nice person, and I don’t want her to be sad!” He turns on his heel, and runs out of the room, a coat in his hand as he pushes open the door to show that it was pouring outside.

“O-Oi! Wait!” I tried to stop him, but Shima grabbed my shoulder, pulling me back. “What’re you doing?!” I yell at him, and frown.

“Don’t try to stop him. He...He really cares about her. He knows more about her than any of us, probably. He would be the best to comfort her, besides you.” He explained with a soft voice, though it seemed like he was trying not to yell. “But you should still go after her too.”

I nodded, and quickly started to get a coat on and grabbed another coat after getting whacked in the head again, and rushed out of the door.

Nat’s POV:

I felt pain. I felt pain as I stumbled over the rocky path, knowing that it was dangerous to run along the mountain trails. I felt sharp pulses of pain race up my legs as I tripped over a rock, plummeting down the side of the steep hill. I felt the grabs from the ground as I tumbled down the hill, stopping when I had skidded to a stop in the middle of the hill. I was now covered in bruises and scratches, but the thing that hurt the most was the wound that was in the heart.

“Nat!” I heard someone shout, and so I looked up to see the worried face of Bon. “Nat, damn it! Nat!” I heard him holler, his strong, yet shaky, voice ringing through the mountains. I didn’t make a sound; I could not move my head without shivers of nerves running down my spine.

I heard skids and I felt rough-yet warm- hands grab my legs and torso, pulling me up. “God, Nat! You...you worried me. A damn lot!” Bon growled, and set me down on a bench as he stopped, then crouched in front of me as I looked at him with tears in my eyes. “I...I kinda pieced things together… and…” Bon trailed off, figuring that I knew the rest, in which I did.

“Y-you know?” I asked softly, my eyes widening and my fingers and knees trembling. I bit my lip until blood crept from my lips, slipping down to my chin, until a finger wiped it away gently. I looked over at Bon, who looked back at me with a faint smile. “I guess I should tell you. But...But I should tell Rin…” I mumble, and blush a lot before pulling my legs to my chest, seeing that Bon was leaning on my bare legs. My skirt only covered until above my knees, and I had my shoes off when I ran out of the house.

“About your past, huh? Why didn’t you tell anyone of us? We could try to help you through it.” He protests, crossing his arms. I frown, and look at him, shaking my head.

“You don’t understand. I couldn’t. I can’t-can’t even think of my past without crying...and-and I don’t want to worry anyone, so-”

“So nothing! You worried me-Y-you worried us!” He blushed as he said this, looking at me with fierceness and something else. It seemed like protectiveness? I do not know. I slowly nod.

“Alright.” I whimper. “Can-Can I tell you when I’m ready? I’m not ready right now.” I state softly, and he nods, before taking a branch that was sharpened by the blowing winds, impaling it into his hand. I gasped, and started to grab the branch, ripping it from his hand and throwing it away from him, pinning him. “W-What’re you doing?!” I yell at him, keeping my hand on his arm. I blushed a lot seeing the position I was in right now, but shook that thought away as I looked at his hand.

“What do you mean, what am I doing? I’m making a swear. It’s how I do it.” He states calmly, though his cheeks were a faint pink. He then grabbed my hand, and pressed his against mine. I could feel the blood softly tracing along my lines of my palm, dripping down to my forearm. “I promise to fill that hole in your heart. I promise for myself, and for all of us.” He announces firmly, and I blink a few times, surprised and very...happy. Tears filled my eyes, and so I started to sob, my other hand curling into his shirt, my head pressing against his neck, my forehead against his chin.

“B-Bon...Arigatou!” I cry out, and start to sniffle, my eyes closing and my figure curled against Bon’s in an embrace, falling asleep.