64 - Emmy

Dedicated to Morrissey!  She's pretty new here but I've read some of her stuff on another site and it's awesome.  Show her some love!  Enjoy the chapter :)  Song on the side is the song playing when Emmy walks into the party and the picture is of Alex.

We run through the set-list for our gig at Alex's friend's party for what seems like hours on Friday morning.  The party is this evening and it's all any of us can talk about.

Tanya drops by around noon to listen to us and she seems pleased with everything, though she doesn't hang around for long, saying she's got some meetings set up regarding interviews.

We rehearse our cover of All Time Low's Weightless before we break for a late lunch.  I phone Tabs when I've finished eating and she seems even more excited than me about the upcoming gig.  She's seen the new band page and she loves the new pictures.  She even said that Mum thinks Sam and I look cute together.  I make a mental note to ring Mum tomorrow.

Ollie and Vince are scrutinising what we've come up with so far for the new song that Tanya wants to see, so I slip into Sam's room, two brownies in my hands.  I see him standing in front of his open wardrobe and when he smiles over at me I offer him one of the brownies.  His fingers brush my palm as he takes it from me and I feel the skin tingling from his touch.

"What you up to?" I ask, sitting back on his bed as I scoff the chocolate brownie.

Sam watches me, his eyebrows raised and a light smile on his lips, so I turn away and get up to walk around his room.

"I'm deciding on an outfit for tonight."

I nod, knowing from his tone of voice that he's pleading with me to help him.  I give him a nonchalant shrug and pick up a few CDs and items on his desk, turning them over in my hands before setting them back down again.  Pretending to be disinterested earns me a screwed up sock to the head and I turn around to mock glare at him.

He laughs.  "Help me.  You know what looks great on me."

My whole body warms at his compliment as I come around his bed so I'm standing beside him.  "I like you in blue."

I spot the smile on his face from his profile.  "I'll wear blue then."

"Good," I say, stepping up to his wardrobe.  "How about this and this?"  I hold up a sky blue shirt and a dark navy t-shirt.

"Wear the shirt open and the t-shirt underneath?"

I nod.  "Yeah."

"And jeans?"

I run a finger along the five pairs of jeans hanging up to the left of the wardrobe.  "These."

He takes the black skinny jeans from me.  "A belt?"

"The studded one you have on now," I reply without thinking.  The belt is only visible when Sam leans over or sits down.  It's obvious I've been checking him out.

He chuckles. "Perv."

"Can't help myself," I mumble, giving him a Cheshire cat smile.

"I heard that," he says, laying the outfit I've picked out on his bed before turning to face me with his arms folded.

"I've come up with a name."

Sam frowns at my change in conversation.  "For what?"

"Our song," I say.  "You know, the one we wrote together."

He laughs at my bluntness.  "Yeah, I remember.  I think."

I hit his arm.  "Room for two."

"Room for two as in that's the song name?"