90 - Emmy

I'm so, so sorry for disappearing lately but I've been finding it near impossible to write; it's like Sketch doesn't want to finish :P  However, a sudden bout of inspiration at four am this morning seems to have helped me along.  Thanks for sticking with me guys.  It means so much!  Enjoy :)

I smile as Sam dribbles milk down his chin in his haste to eat his cereal.  He wipes his mouth and then laughs when he realises I've noticed.

I'm in a brilliant mood today thanks to Sam's comment last night.  I don't have an ego in the slightest but knowing that I've completed the band, at least for Sam, has made me feel really good.  He sets his spoon in his empty bowl and takes my hand in his. 

"All that kissing last night left me hungry," he whispers.

I feel my cheeks heat up.  "Sam!"

He chuckles.  "What?  It's true.  I love kissing and cuddling you."

I run my thumb up and down his little finger.  "I feel the same."  It may sound lame, but it's true.  I can't reply better than that.

"Good," he says with a smile.  He kisses my hand before he drops it back into my lap so he can take our empty bowls to the sink.

I watch him, enjoying the view of his behind in his navy blue boxers.  He shakes his head in amusement when he catches me looking at him.

"What time are we going to the studio?" I ask.

"When Tanya rings," Sam replies.  "It should be soon."

As if on cue, Tabs appears from her temporary bedroom.  She's dressed in a pink t-shirt dress and a jean jacket. Her dark hair's wavy and to her shoulders and I'm slightly jealous how casually styled she looks.  I have to try really hard to pull off that, 'Oh this outfit?  It's nothing,' look.

"Morning," I say, smiling as Sam pinches my bum as he walks to the sofas.  If Tabs wasn't here I'd chase Sam around the flat until I could pinch him back.  Tabs knows how childish I am but I want her to think I've grown up a little since moving out, even if it isn't really true.

"Hi," she says, directing a wave at Sam as a greeting.

"Vince and Ollie are still asleep but we should be going to the studio soon.  We've just got to wait for Tanya to ring."

Tabs nods, pouring herself some orange juice from the jug on the breakfast bar.  "That's okay.  I was wondering if I could borrow your laptop actually?"

"Sure.  It's in the laptop bag under the bed."

I'm lounging next to Sam on the sofa when Tabs reappears with the laptop.  She sets it on the coffee table and takes a seat on the other sofa. 

"Catching up with friends?" Sam asks, trying to be social.

"I want to enter a competition," she explains.  "I saw it in LZ magazine but you have to enter online."

"Do you have the latest copy?"

Tabs points to a magazine next to the laptop.  "It got delivered the day before I left to come here.  I haven't really read it yet.  I just skimmed through it just now."

Sam takes the magazine and I look over his shoulder as he scans the front cover.  It's the boy-band from when I'd done my solo interview on LZ TV.

"What's the competition for?" I ask.

Tabs breaks out into a grin, tapping her fingers on the computer as she waits for it to load up.  "I could be in with a chance to meet Jay James from Latch.  He's so hot!"