Daddy 3.2

Monday couldn't have rolled around any faster than it had. The apartment was dead silent all week and I've been drowning in my own mind without anyone to physically talk to face to face.

As I enter the office coworkers and other employees greet me with hellos and good mornings and I return the cortile gestures. Before I enter Harry's office his receptionist whose name I can never remember flashes me a quick smirk and focuses back into the he computer in front of her. Okay.

I push the door open and see two curly headed children knelt on the floor playing what I believe to be is Candyland with Harry. All three heads turn my way and I'm greeted with two of the brightest smiles and one blank expression.

"Hi Mommy!" The kids spring up from their previous spots and leap into my arms. I can feel the life being recharged throughout my entire body and hug my children probably tighter than I ever had in their entire lives. "How was daddy's house?" Their little smiles fade just a little bit but perk back up as the turn to look at Harry. "We had fun with daddy, but his girlfriend wasn't really all that fun." Aaliyah looks down at the fuzzy slippers adorning her little feet and Preston gives her a knowing side eye.

I sit back and tuck my legs underneath myself and the kids fall to the ground and cross their legs. "Why wasn't she fun?" I try my hardest to hide the smile that's attempting to force its way onto my face but that has proven to be easier said than done. "She was trying to do baby things with us or stuff that we didn't like, daddy told us we had to be nice." Preston confesses and my eyes find Harry who instantly looks to another direction.

"You don't like her?" They instantly shake their heads no. These are my children.

"We told daddy we don't like her, we want you and daddy to live together with us, not Jenna." To say that I'm happy they feel this way about Harry's girlfriend would be an understatement but for the kids sake I keep a straight face and run my hands through their hair. "Okay my and daddy will have a talk."

"You're going to live with us?" Their innocent nature makes situations like this so much harder than they need to be and to see them so happy kills me to tell them no or something other than what they want to hear. "I'll talk to daddy." Is all I say and I send them off back to play their game. I rise from the floor and wipe the dust off my skirt and place my belongings at my own personal desk. "The daycare was closed for the day, the teacher was sick so I just brought them in."

"I appreciate it." With my back turned to him, I place my purse into the lower drawer and drape my coat the the back of the chair and I feel a hand on my waist. "Harry, no." I abruptly shove his hand away from my body and move to the opposite side of the desk. He looks to me with raised eyebrows like he's really surprised of my reaction. He takes a few steps closer just as I take a few steps back and my body is pressed to the wall. "Jayde," A hand is placed on one side of my head as he stares intently into my eyes. "You know I can't do this." Knowing what he's referring to I shake my head and turn my head towards the kids who have giddy smiles plastered onto their faces.

I put on a forced smile and keep my eyes on the kids. "The kids are watching, now move out the way." I place my hands on his broad chest and try and push him away but he doesn't budge. I dare to take a look at him and the look in his dark eyes already tell me where his mind is drifting to. "Do not give our children false hopes, you already know how they feel about us as a family and then seeing us like this isn't going to help the cause especially since what they want isn't going to happen."

A step closer and our bodies are practically pressed to one another. "Harry you need to stop now, the kids do not need to see us like this and they're not going to see me put my hands on you which is about to happen if you don't get the fuck off of me." With an eye roll his hand drops from the wall and he looks under hooded eyes. "We'll continue this and talk later." The door swings open but Harry doesn't dare to move until he hears whose voice it is. "What will continue?" Within seconds he's feet away from me, heading back to his desk.