Daddy .3

Going on the third week of working at Styles Enterprises is surprisingly more exciting than I would have thought.

This job is much easier than my last three that I have had. I've messed up quite a bit but I can tell Harry is being leaniant with me. I can see him bottle up his frustrations.

Harry keeps to himself most of the time due to the extensive amount of work he has, leaving me free to do anything really. I schedule meetings here and there, copy papers from time to time and get him drinks or food quite often and once an hour walk through the rows of the HR teams cubicles but besides that I stay at my desk.

"Ms.Kavanaugh, what's the schedule look like for today?" I pick up the black leather booklet from beside my computer monitor and untie the leather ties. "Mrs.Soto has scheduled a meeting to pitch her idea on adding thirteen to seventeen year olds to the label in order to amass a larger audience; that is schedule for two." Harry props his feet up on top of his desk and sticks a "Styles Enterprise" pencil between his lips.

"Um, at four you have a conference call with Mr.Vance, Mr.Green and Ms.McClellan that is supposed to last no longer than fourty-five minutes. At one-forty, two to three parents from each floor will be holding a meeting in conference room E3 to discuss adding a daycare in either the basement or the empty confrence room on floor eight." I watch as his face twists with this idea but he doesn't make an attempt to shoot it down. "Besides that your day is pretty clear." he nods and places his feet back onto the ground.

"Get me some coffe please, Ms.Kavanaugh." I stand from my desk and smile. "Yes, Mr.Styles."

When I enter the lobby multiple heads turn in my direction and I notice many eye rolls, glares and scoffs. A few days after my interview, word got out that Harry and I had an extensive amount of history before my arrival so many workers weren't to happy because it was already a given that I would be the one to recieve the job.

This job pays a decent amount of money so many people had family members apply to try and help them but now they feel like they were cheated out of a good job and ultimately don't like me for it. At almost every job Ive had, I haven't been liked because people felt as if I was always getting special treatment for having twins and having to support them by myself.

As I walk out of the building a cold gush of wind rushes past me and the hairs on my arms and legs raise. The fall wether is now beginning to set in and im realizing how much I'll miss summer.

I really should have brought my coat down with me but I was oblivious to how cold its gotten here lately. Fortunately the coffe shop is just across the parking lot so it isn't that far of a walk at all. As I reach for the door a feeling of being watched over comes my being and I whip around only to see no one.

"Odd." I turn back around and walk into the empty coffee shop. Light jazz plays from the stereo and the hipster vibe accompanies it. I walk up to the counter and order Harry's usual; a large vanilla latte with extra vanilla, a hint of rasberry and no foam.

As I walk over to the second counter to wait for my coffee a feeling comes over me once agin that someone is watching me. This time when I look up, a man dressed in an all black sharp suit is smirking, walking my way.

"Im truly sorry if I creeped you or starled you in any type of way but it is just because you are so beautiful and one of the prettiest women Ive ever laid my eyes on." A deep and semi-noticiable blush creeps upon my cheeks and I shy my eyes away from his. "Wow, um... thank you." I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear and look up to the mysterious gentleman.

"Oh! Im Michael, Michael O'Brien." the name is obvious and a smile spreads across my face. "Yes, I am the cousin of Dylan O'Brien the actor." we both let out small chuckles and smile. "Well that answers my question but Im Jayde Kavanaugh." he extends his hand and I gladly welcome it and watch as he places a curtious kiss upon the back of my hand.

"Wait. You're the new executive assistant for Mr.Styles." I cock my head to the side and nod. "Yes, I am. You work there too?"

"Yes, I am actually the CFO of the comapany. Im kind of bummed Haz didn't even introduce you and I to one another, I think I'll need to have a talk with him about that." I nervously laugh not knowing what else to say and dreading an awkward silence.

But as if on cue, the lady calls my name and hands me Harry's cup of coffee. "Well I guess I'll see you around sometime."

"Hopefully. I work on the floor under yours so if you happen to be on there at anytime come by and say Hi." I bid him farewell and exit the coffe shop and hurry back over to the building.

As I enter the building multiple glares and eye rolls are thrown my way and I just can't help but to be a little irritated by it. Its been three weeks and people are still upset I got the job and their relatives didn't. I need a job also! I need money to provide for my kids! This job just so happened to land in my favor and that is something that many people aren't too happy about.

Harry has the tendency to ask me to get something for him and not be in the room when I bring it back so I decdide to ask an employee if they know where he's at. "He's somewhere in the building obviously."

"Well no shit, but do you know where?" the blonde with orange foundation stares and looks me up an down before muttering "no" and walking away. A hand is placed on my shoulder and I instantly jump only to see a women with carmel skin and dark curly hair.

"Sorry. She can be a bïtch most of the time." I nod in agreement. "Mr.Styles is on the thirteenth floor visting the COO, it shouldn't take long. Im Phoebe by the way, I work in human resources." she extends her hand out and I shake it. "Im Jayde, Har-Mr.Styles' assistant." after a short five minute talk with Phoebe we part ways and I make my way to Mr.Styles' office.

He is walking towards his desk with a folder in his hands. "Here's your coffee." he takes it from my hands and takes a sip. "Thank you Jayde."