Intro

"Im sorry Miss.Kavanaugh." Tears threaten to spill from the woman's eyes and she does her all to keep them in, in order to stay "professional".

     "But Sir, you don't know how much I need this job." Her voices chokes up a few times and her hands begin to tremble. Its crucial for her to keep this job but Mr. Bay just does not see it that light, in her mind at least. He's given her more than enough chances and he has gotten to the point where he no longer wants to deal with her or her excuses any longer.

     "Miss. Kavanaugh I'm sorry but you knew the stipulations and priorities of this job before you even applied. I've let you slide more than any of my employees because of your, situation. This was the last straw and I mentioned it to you the last time something like this happened." He tears his eyes away from her in order to stick to his own words. He feels terrible for doing this but employees are beginning to complain and she is not keeping up with what is assigned to her; she's a void to his company.

     "You're fired. Please pack up all your belongings within the next two hours and vacate the building. Please do not come back and if you leave anything behind it will be tossed out." He pads away from Jayde and out of her office space in order to remove himself from the uncomfortable situation.

     Jayde stands there, mouth slightly hanging agape and eyes brimming with tears. Her mind races with a million thoughts and scenerios as to what could happen in her life now. One thing she thankful is that a few months past, she had paid her bills a few month up in advance because she had a strong gut feeling that something like this would occur sometime in the near future, and her intuition was unfortunately correct.

     She begins stacking photoframs neatly on top of one another, careful not to scratch them. Putting all of her belongings into a box as a heavy weight feels as if its just been dropped onto her shoulders. She feels as if she failed the two most important people in her life and a load of guilt settles itself in her mind as she ponders on the thought.

     This is her third job within the last nine months and her fourth time being on unemployment within the last year. Being on food stamps and section eight is something that she very well used to as she's been off and on of the program the last two or three years and all though its been rather helpful its just not something shed prefer to be connected to. She like providing for her and her family solely though her income and no other. As she moves over to the next section of her desk, she begins to hear light chuckling and snickering behind her so she peeks over her shoulder and sees some of her ex-co-workers huddled in a group all looking in her direction. Being brave and recently fired, she no longer cares about the consequences and walks towards the group of gossipers.

     "You're departure is unfortunate but its for the better Jayde, you just couldn't keep up with the company and just about everyone in it. Its a sad thing but you never fit in in the first place. Her heart slightly sinks but she shows no emotion, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of victory and feeling as if they got to her. "Its about time Bay finally listens, you were literally dragging us all down." Another co-worker whisper shouts while passing by and everyone nods their heads in agreement.

     Soon enough they all vacate the area and leave her in the section by herself. Everyone has gone off to lunch besides few, very dedicated workers who decided to bring lunch instead of buy one. Her emotions get the best of her and she breaks down there, at her desk reaching her breaking point. Soft sobs escape her mouth and tears stream down and cloud her vision. Snot forces its way out of her nose but she sucks it back in and wipes the moisture away from her cheeks.

     Jayde gets herself together and picks the box and her purse up from the revolving chair and makes her way to the elevator. It comes fairly quickly and she scurries in as it closes behind her. On the way down she leans agaisnt the trailing and thinks to herself as to what shes to do now. Most companies within a thirty minue distance have either fired her or heard of her horrendous work ethic and forbid her from applying.

     The door opens up to the lobby and she walks up with a resting face and her head held high.she ignores the side talk going on about her from all corners of the room and walks ok ut the front door and to the parking garage. As she nears her car she sees her car and notices something terribly wrong.

     "You've got to be kidding me!" her feet quicken in pace to get to her car faster. A large dent is imprimted into the side of her bumpers and thw plastic protecting her light is shattered. She only sighs to herself and sets the box in her back seat.

     Once settled inside of her car, she takes a deep breath before turning on the engine and driving away.

Authors Note//

How'd y'all like the first chapter?

I feel like I'm really gonna like writing this book and I've done something with this book that I haven't with the others, which is that I've made an outline so each chapter will have flow much better than the chapters in my other book.

Also there might be some sexual scenes, just getting that out of the way. But I really hope you all love this book as much as I do and your feedback is much appreciated!