Baby Steps: Big Bro!France x Sister!Reader

Staring at yourself, you couldn't help but sigh. What was wrong with you? Why were you gaining so much weight? You were only, what, fourteen in human years? Yeah. Fourteen. Yet why did you gain ten pounds?

"I'm so fat..." The words slipped out in a whisper, and your eyes trailed over the stretch marks peppering your waist and legs, as well as the muffin top that began to form. Maybe you were eating too much, or maybe it was that small cookie you had only yesterday. Whatever it was, you didn't like it.

And you were beginning to dislike yourself.

You began tearing through your closest for an outfit, something loose and puffy to cover up your growing stomach. Once you looked at yourself in the mirror, you sighed. The outfit was ugly: a pair of old sweatpants, some socks, and a gross baggy shirt with another baggy sweater to go over it. It wasn't what you'd usually wear (even if you qore something similar, it would have at least looked cleaner cut), but it would have to do. Loosing weight was your first priority, and you wouldn't have anymore setbacks.

Heading downstairs, you were immediately greeted by France with a bright smile. "Salut (C/n). How did you sleep?" France wore a striped apron and held a spatula in hand. He was grinning from ear to ear and came over to kiss both your cheeks before going back to cooking...whatever it was. You weren't paying attention to begin with. "I slept okay, thanks." France turned off the stove and set down two plates of today's breakfast, clearly pleased by how well it turned out.

You began to eat, but only a little. Finishing about less than half, you stood, catching France's attention. "I'm full. Thanks frére. You can finish off my plate. If you want." France furrowed his brows before standing and placing a hand on your forehead. "Are you sick? Why are you eating so little?" Shrugging, you stood, lightly brushing France's hands away. He was clearly upset, that you could tell as you walked to the living room. His lips were pursed into a deep frown, and his brows were knitted together.

"You're sick, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not frére. I'm just not hungry today."

France began following you into the living room. "But you always have a big appetite! You never refuse any food. Ever," he paused as you slumped on the couch, "especially not my cooking!" Sighing, you picked up your forgotten book on the coffee table before slamming it open begrudgingly. France wouldn't let you off the hook so easily, so he kept on blabbering and running his mouth, causing you disdain. It was really getting to you, and you felt yourself becoming angrier with each second. What was wrong with him? Couldn't he just drop it?

"What-"

Stop. That was the only word you could think.

"-is wrong?"

Don't. You felt your cheeks heat up.

"Why are you ignoring-"

No. That was it. You felt yourself snap in a millisecond and you stood at the speed of light, your book slamming against the coffee table. France flinched, his lips sealing shut. "It's because I'm fat, okay? I gained ten pounds!"

"Mon dieu!"

Your face contorted into a deep, resentful scowl. "I know! It's bad...really bad. That's why I can't eat. I'm going to gain weight, and I don't want that." You ran a hand through your hair with a sad look. "I don't know what else to do, frére."

France's expression fell. He knew something was up, but he wouldn't have guessed you to feel like...this. You were always so confident, so unrelentless and strong-willed. What broke you? He wondered, and wondered before doing what he thought was best: Hug you. "You're not fat. It's probably because you're growing. I do admit though that you gained a little bit of weight. So, if you're really unhappy with yourself, then I'll help you. The only thing I ask if that you don't starve yourself," France pulled away with a serious look, "because that's really unhealthy! And if you rush it, you'll only gaik everything back. You have to take baby steps, not overwhelming strides that your body can't keep up with." You nodded sheepishly. "Oui. Merci, frére...for agreeing to help me, that is."

France smiled reassuringly. "You're welcome. Now, let's go talk it over after you've finished eating breakfast, okay?"

You stood, feeling like a weight has dropped from your shoulders. It was all baby steps from here, just baby steps.