Canon In D || Austria x Reader

I had gotten inspiration from both playing this song on my piano and the video. Thank you for reading, enjoy!
POV Reader-chan

"AUSTRIA, NO!!"

BAM!

I stared at the blood on my hands that leaked from Austria's wound. It was over now, the enemy had successfully taken over his country and killed him. I stared at the enemy's face, eyes wide. He only laughed evilly at my shocked figure. I shock violently, tears slowly blurring my (e/c) eyes. I fell to my knees, bringing Austria into my arms, cradling him. "Austria..." I whispered, voice cracking. My blood rain cold, mouth starting to dry up as my lungs felt hollow. I caressed the man's cheek, sobs soon wracking my body as I cried out. "What have you done?!" I screamed, eyes hateful and cold. "I sent him on his way, why? Next, I'll see you in hell!"

He stalked towards me as I froze, still clutching my beloved closer. "DIE!"

———

In the end, I was still alive, but I was never the same.

I placed a hand on the old wooden piano, dragging it across the surface. Opening the cover of the piano, I sat down, eyes dull. For weeks I had practiced non-stop on this piano—the piano Austria had gifted me many, many years ago for my birthday. My fingers landed on the keys, gracefully hitting every not with such accuracy, that it would put Austria to shame. "La la la la la la la la la la la..." I sang, going to the beat with the piece I played.

'Canon in D... Austria, you tried to teach this to me, but I had failed numerous times...'

I closed my eyes, letting my hands go as the song went on. Emotions swirled into me as I thought of all the events that had taken place.

'I have always been so bad at piano, yet you have taken your time to teach me.'

A slight breeze blew through the large, light-filled windows. My (h/l) (h/c) hair blew by me, fingers dancing on the white  and surface.

'You were always patient, even if I gave up on trying some days. I would get frustrated, while you would sit and watch, showing me how to do it over and over again...'

A sigh escaped my lips as my eyes opened, vision getting blurry. My eyes stung as images of Austria's death tore through my mind like a broken record.

'Austria...'

The chorus began, my lip trembling as I lost my once calm composure. Body shaking, I went on through the song, trying to stifle the hot tears rolling down my cheeks.

'...are you proud of me? I can finally play it...'

My heart clenched, blood running cold. Sorrow filled my once glittering eyes.

'I'm sorry I couldn't protect you... I'm sorry for all those times I've been mean to you. I wish I could have said what I wanted to...'

I felt a pair of warm, strong arms wrap around my body. But of course, no one was there, it was only me. There was only three more measures until I finished playing, so I then came to a final stop, breaking down into full out crying.

"A-Austria... Are you proud of me...? I-I can finally play it! If on-ly..." I chocked on my tears, "if only you were here with me..." The presence from earlier hugged me tighter, warmth filling my body. I shook as I saw Austria materialize into a transparent-gold colour. "I am proud of you, (Y/n). You did well, Ich liebe dich," I froze, hot tears still streaming down my face, mouth wide open.

"Ich liebe dich, Austria..."