No: Germany x Reader

You smiled fondly, your eyes tracking the man as he spoke. Romano raised a brow in confusion, maybe even disgust. Why would you, his sister, gaze at that damn potato bastard? He huffed in irritation before lightly punching your shoulder. Confused, you blinked. "Che cosa?" you whispered. Romano merely gave you a dirty look before returning to his stack of paper work and notes.

The meeting went on slow despite the small fights and arguments between countries. Besides that, you couldn't stop staring at Germany. His eyes reeled you in, and your ryes wouldn't budge from him. For a moment, he made eye contact with you awkwardly, but that soon ended when a hand shot up. "Oi, Vest!" The German man raised a brow, scrutinizing his brother suspiciously. It was as if he knew the Prussian would say something totally irrelevant.

"Ja?"

Prussia snickered before pointing a finger at you. You felt like your heart stopped, because you had a feeling he was going to say something personal. "(C/n)'s checking you out." There it was, just as you expected. Knowing him for centuries was both a gift and a curse, huh?

You covered your face with your hand, cheeks bright red. "Prussia, d-don't joke like that. This meeting is serious." Your cheeks were on fire, and you felt feverish. The Prussian laughed. "Don't pretend that I don't see it." he replied with a wink. There were a few whispers going about. Some 'Oh my God', or 'I can totally see that!', or 'There's no way he'd be into her'. You nervously laughed, feeling like you'd faint from all the staring. Romano scowled, displeased with all of the comments. "Shut the fuck up!"

You felt like crawling into a hole. Romano, who swore like a sailor at every speaking nation, made you feel beyond embarrassed. And for once, Veneziano, or Spain, weren't here to stop him. Germany, sensing your discomfort, turned to the nations with a hard look. "Let us continue with the topic and get back on track!"

---

"I'm sorry about earlier, (C/n)." You stopped shuffling your papers, a questioning look appearing on your face. "Che cosa? What is there to be sorry about?"

"My brother..." Germany adjusted his tie awkwardly. "You know he can be..." Germany's cheeks dusted with pink as he struggled to speak. You knew he was awkward around women, but didn't think of it to be this bad. You waved it off with a shy smile. "He's been my life-long friend -- even though Romano doesn't approve -- it's alright." Germany nodded subtly. He continued to linger, as if he wished to say something. You stuffed the last of your papers into your bag before heading for the door. "Bye Ger--"

"Wait."

"Huh?"

"I -- sorry -- I didn't mean t-to cut you off." He swallowed thickly, his brows furrowed. You patiently waited for an answer, your hand resting on the doorknob. "W-what Prussia said, is it true?" You froze, your eyes widening considerably. It was completely silent for half a minute before you hesitantly nodded. "...I-I've had a crush on you for over a decade, maybe even a century, but, I don't think you'd feel the same." A nervous laugh escaped your throat. "After all, I'm just some weak, decendant of Grandpa Rome. I mean, you beat me several times in battle y'know?" Germany winced. "That...that doesn't mean I think you're a bad person by the way. I just...think you're really cool, and strong...and you have eyes that can cut like blades and who doesn't like a man in uniform?"

Your felt yourself burning up. Who says that someone's eyes can cut like damn blades?!

"I, I didn't mean to say that..." you quietly mutter.

Germany stood in a daze and in utter disbelief. Or was it disgust? You couldn't tell, for you were too wrapped up in wondering why you said what you said. "I never said a-anything!"

"So you...like me?" implored Germany without missing a beat.

You felt like you were going to faint. Germany, the Germany, your good friend who held an uncanny resemblance to Holy Rome, the super macho man, the one who you had been crushing on for years, was asking if you liked him. You wanted to blurt out how you felt, everything that you loved about him, and reasons as to why he was such an amazing man, yet at that same time, you couldn't utter a word. You breathed in deeply. You had to say it despite that. It was now or never.

"I l-lo-lov--"

The door suddenly swung wide open to reveal a very unhappy Romano. His scowl was deeper than usual, and his cheeks were a rosy red. His curl, on the other hand, was bunched up and wrinkled in dismay. "Hurry up! You're so slow!" he shouted, pretending not to notice the German. Germany looked between you and your brother awkwardly before pursing his lips. You cast Germany a quick, embarrased smile before waving bye. "I guess I'll see you next time Germany." He nodded your way. "Yes, take care." he formally replied. It pierced a hole in your heart, but you smiled instead, letting yourself be dragged off by Romano.

"I don't ever want you to hang out with that potato bastard ever again! He will corrupt you!" shouted Romano as you sped down the hallway. You made your way into an elevator, and it was only then that Romano released your hand (well, more like threw). "Fratello, we were only talk--"

"Talking my ass! I forbid you from speaking to that fucking bastardo every again!"

"B-"

"No!"

You stared at Romano, eyes wide and filled with disbelief. "Why would you forbid me from talking to him? He's strong enough to protect me, he's smart, he's cool and has a kind heart! He's...he's great. Ideal." You chuckled sadly. "Yet you won't let me talk to him now? He's such a sweet person once you get to know him -- maybe even sweeter than the likes of you!" Romano flinched, avoiding your gaze entirely. You suddenly regretted your words, but the words spilled from your lips faster than you coumd process. The damage was done, and you couldn't turn back. "What's your deal? Your reason fratello?! Fine! Be a baby, don't answer me. Cower away like you alwa--"

"It's because he looks like Holy Rome okay!" Your eyes widened. "W-what...?"

"Holy Rome...when he left for good, he ruined Veneziano. Even though I was separated from you guys, his pain showed, even in the fucking present. And he was so damn hurt." Romano's voice began to shake. "Do you know how powerless I fucking felt? I'm supposed to be the big brother, the one who protects his siblings, yet..." He shook his head. "I'm a shit sibling, so please, I don't want to see you hurt too. Sorella, listen to me," he grasped your hands in his loosely, "if that asswipe-potato-bastard hurts you, you know that pain won't go away. For once, please just listen to me." You wouldn't meet his eyes. "Look at me sorella, please." You could hear the begging tone in his voice, but refused to obey. He wouldn't control your life, you wouldn't let it. He knew nothing about Germany, so what would he know?

"No."