Exchange: Iceland x Reader

"Is Iceland full of ice?" 

The new exchange student let out an exasperated sigh as he adjusted his posture. He scanned the classroom from where he stood by the board, annoyance appearing on his features. "No, do not believe whatever anyone told you about Iceland. Greenland decided to be a bit of a jerk and steal all of m-t-the fame by using the name 'Greenland' instead of 'Iceland'. It's clickbait if you ask me." A snort escaped my lips, causing the boy to meet eyes with mine. 

"(Y/n)?" he muttered out, confusion in his eyes. I grinned excitedly. "Yes, that is I." Annoyance melted off the boy's handsome, pale face, a glittering emotion of joy escaping into his eyes. "Wha--?"

"I transferred from London. Arthur was against the idea because he thinks Ame--Alfred will rub off on me, but Scot convinced Arthur that I'm old enough and mature enough to be out on my own." I said, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear. "Of course that would happen." said the exchange student with a sigh. He turned back to the class. "Any other questions? No? Okay." I raised a hand. "Yes?" implored the boy with a raised brow. He knew I knew almost everything about him, so he was confused. "You can sit next to me since no one sits there." 

"Oh." He paused. "Okay." 

School quickly went by until the bell rang and it was over. I stood outside of the school, the exchange student by my side ever so loyally. "Oh my gosh Iceland, why didn't you text me that you were coming to America?" He shrugged, gripping the strap of his backpack. "I didn't get the chance. I was actually going to text you today, but..." he trailed off, before taking out his phone. He switched it to the camera and tugged me lightly by the sleeve, cheeks a rosy red. "It's-it's for my Instagram..." he said, switching subjects. 

I lightly smiled and flashed a peace-sign. "I didn't know you had an Insta." 

"I didn't either. Apparently, Hong Kong messed with my phone and made me an account. He blackmailed me and said that if I didn't post a photo with you and I in it together, then he'll do something. What, I don't know. I don't even know why I'm friends with him." I chuckled as Iceland turned off his phone. "Sometimes, that's what I think when I visit Den--Matthias." 

"Den-Matthias. What a nice name for that idiot." I snickered at the sarcastic remark. "Indeed." 

---

"So, how was school?"

I couldn't hold back the grin rising on my lips. "Iceland was there! He said that he's an exchange student, bro." I squealed happily, nearly falling out of my chair. A smirk crawled onto America's lips at this. He paused in his eating and wiggled his brows. "He's your crush, isn't he?" My mind blanked at this, my heart skipping a beat. "M-my what?" 

"Your crush!" America laughed in good-nature. "See? Just from that, I can tell you like him. Why don't you ask him out or something?" I took a sip of my water, shaking my head. "What? I-I can't do that. It would be like forming an alliance or something." I said, cheeks heating up. "I mean, it's not like your boss has to find out that you'll be in a relationship with Iceland, right?" America smirked at my silence. "Right. And," he covered his mouth with one of his hands, "I promise I won't tell England." 

"What?! I never said I would--!"

---

The school year began going by faster than I wanted it to. And with every passing day, I couldn't ignore the quick beating of my heart around Iceland, nor could I ignore the heat that built up in my cheeks at times. Finally, Iceland's last week came, and then his last day. Of course me, being me, went to the airport with America to see him off. 

"I hope you have a nice flight, Ice." I said with a small smile. "And you almost forgot your stash of licorice at school yesterday." I handed him five bags of licorice, to which he gratefully accepted. "I thought I lost them, thanks (N/n)." I stared at him lovingly, hesitantly reaching my arms out. "U-um..." I wrapped his rigid form in a tight hug. After a few moments, he eased into it. The last call for his flight came, so we broke quickly. Just as Ice was about to walk away, I grabbed his wrist. "Wait, Ice." 

He turned to face me with raised brows. "Hm what's--?" I placed my hands on his shoulders, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. His cheeks immediately lit up with red, his eyes wide. "Bye Ice, have a safe trip, okay? Don't forget to call me." He warmly smiled before waving and boarding his plane. 

America began squealing and dancing like he needed to use the loo. "I HAVE IT ON CAMERA! I HAVE IT ON CAMERA!" Suddenly, a new face appeared, one that made the colour drain from my face.

"Have what, huh you bloody git?" America froze in his spot, eyes as wide as saucers. "H-hi England..." Said nation squinted at America's phone, only for his eyes to reach the side of dinner plates.

"YOU BLOODY GIT! THIS IS WHY I NEVER INVITE YOU OVER! YOU ALWAYS CAUSE TROUBLE AND GIVE (Y/N) BAD INFLUENCES!"