Chapter 51 Lover Dearest

Chapter 51

Jillian's POV

The afternoon breeze was terribly algid. I understand that it's already December, but I am still not used to it. Is this one of the perks of having a resurrecting ozone layer?

 "Althea, moonwalk?" Mitch asked agitatedly. This impatient woman, really.

"Nilalamig kasi ako. Magpahinga muna tayo," ani ko. "If you want, tambay muna tayo sa DC," dagdag ko. Kumunot ang noo niya. Frowner! "Ililibre kita. Huwag ng maarte, hindi bagay."

"You know how to get me. How can you just . . ." Nagpanggap siya na tila ba naiiyak. Drama queen forever. Walking theatre award.

"Pagdating natin doon, bubuhusan kita ng mainit na Espresso!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Wow. Nage-espresso ka na? One month advance ka para sa New Year's Resolution mo," she kidded. We walked together. I am hugging myself, while on the other hand, she is swaying her arms. Doesn't she feel frigid? 

"Nasanay na kasi ako kapag nagpupunta ako kina Van. Her cousin makes good espresso, mind you!" I replied, advertising Keroro's cup of tea—err, coffee?

"Really?! Invite mo naman ako sa bahay nila."

"Excuse me? For the record, it wasn't my house. Plus, huwag na dahil baka isipin nila na hinahayaan kong maimpluwensiyahan ako ng mga baliw." I laughed boisterously.

"Yabang naman nito!"

Binuksan niya ang pintuan ng Dragon Café. Nakakahiya naman kasi sa guard na busy sa pagka-Clash of Clans, baka matalo siya. When he snapped back, we're already inside the store. Yes, sir, you're welcome. Tss.

"Double shot?" asked Mitch while we're piled up.

"No." I hurriedly shook my head. I still want to have a prosperous sleep and I wouldn't let caffeine ruin my plan. I handed her the bill and she grinned. "Huwag kang bumili ng cake, utang na loob! Bibili pa ako ng mascara at matte lipstick." They sell golden cakes here, you know. What's so glorious about their products that they cost a lot of penny? That is still a mystery I couldn't ever fathom. Mitch said it's because it's located in Town Square. Maybe. Business district kasi, eh.

"Binibigyan kasi kita ng isang buong make-up kit, ayaw mo naman!" she hissed. After nagging me, um-order na siya. In the end, she still deprived nothing her eyes desired.

As if I can do anything.

We waited for few minutes before our order was made. After that, we sat at London 9 o'clock.

This area really feels like Great Britain. It has the mural of the tower of London plus the St. Paul's Cathedral on the side. This kind of view makes me want to travel the world. Who wouldn't want to, anyway? Gustong gusto ko rin kasing i-feature ang country na 'to. Nakakainggit kasi kapag nanunuod ako ng Pinoy Abroad. It seems elating that's why I envy our researchers, pinadala kasi sila before sa iba't ibang bansa sa Europe to have a business trip. Together with the team, they featured a European motif magazine. They even went to Scotland to see the Loch Ness for its never-found monster. Sadly, they really didn't find it.

They also had a picture with the Blarney stone—but they didn't kiss it, though. It's said that that stone gives a gift of eloquence. Which was kind of . . . eeew. Ang dami na kayang humalik doon. Kalokohan lang ng mga tao 'yun. Hindi naman daw sila nagpauto. Good for them and their poor lips.

"In all fairness, you did change a lot. Do they teach thaumaturgy there?" she kidded after sipping her coffee.

"Absurd. Pwede ba. Hindi naman, pero kasi marami lang akong na-realize since araw-araw kong kasama ay mga professionals na," pagdadahilan ko. Which was true. I kind of tamed myself . . . just really quite.