Chapter 39 You and I Tonight

Chapter 39

Jillian's POV

What he said was my security. His words were promises and I believe in them. When you love someone, you trust what they say.

"I missed you." I hugged him. I felt his hands on my back, and that moment I felt besotted in his presence. It felt good. When you hug someone you love, and they hug you back even tighter, one of the best feelings in the world.

I smiled at the thought of it. There's no denying that I am crazy about him. And there's nothing I can do about that.

"I missed you, too. More than the sun misses the sky at night."

Why can't I get any sappier? Why is it always him? I can't beat this guy. I can't get even. He will always love me more than I do.

We stayed like that for a minute. It was worth it. Ang tagal ko siyang hindi nakita at nakasama, ngayon isang yakap lang sapat na. Yuck, ang corny ko na yata. Oh my God, what happened to my tongue? Bakit parang nagiging mentally vocal na yata ako.

He gently removed his hug from me. He ruffled my hair and smirked, "I think you're suffering from a lack of vitamin me."

Ang yabang niya talaga. I huffed, because that was the truth.

I looked into his eyes and I saw the depth of his soul. Maybe that's love. When you look at someone, you don't see now but forever.

What's with me being so poetic?

"Why am I so fascinated about you?" I asked him. This is not me, but something inside is telling me I should secure him with what I feel.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that for you."

"Better keep that mystery, then." I said. He nodded as an act of agreement. "Love is the answer, it was never meant to be questioned."

"Right." He smiled.

Kapag ngumingiti siya, gumagaan lahat. When I am with him, I forget the rest of the world.

I'm madly in love, scared but reckless.

Marahan siyang tumalikod at kinuha ang gamit niya. Is he leaving now? Nalungkot ako bigla, does he have to do something? I want to stop him, but that would be too much of being selfish.

"Where are you going?" I asked, there was fear in my voice.

"I have to run some errands."

The smile drawn on my face literally bore away. "Ah."

He leaned closer and held my hand. "Do you want to be one of my errands?" He smiled playfully while looking at me. Napangiti ako. He can't leave me, right? Nevermind if I get overdosed, too much of him will never kill me. It will keep me alive even more.

"I would love to be."

We ran outside. I was just following him. The whole time I was just smiling.

Life is a dread, conquering it without love would be worth a zilch. Happiness is expensive, but I'm buying it.

When we got outside the school, I noticed he didn't stop walking. Saan ba kami pupunta?

"Hindi tayo sasakay?" tanong ko sa kaniya habang nag-aabang ako ng bus.

"We're going to walk."

"Bakit?! Pagod na ako." Sumimangot ako.

"Ang arte nito. Para matagal kitang makasama, okay? You made me missed you so much then you want me to be with you for a short period of time? You're not doing this to me, woman. Stop being so unfair," he retorted. I laughed because of his annoyed expression. He pulled my hand and drew me closer to him. "You're so illegal; you keep me wanting for more." He whispered then started walking again.