8 - Brave

Hey! Sorry for not updating! Time flies by! Hope you like it, leave your comments to let me know what you think. Have a nice day :)

(or night...)

8 - Brave

I wanna see you be brave

We got to our apartment quickly, since we were already running late because we had stayed too long chatting. Eleanor got into the shower as I e-mailed my mom.

Hi mom!

Two days here and I am already good. I miss you tons but this is amazing. I am living with another model, Eleanor. I think she might be Louis Tomlinson’s girlfriend (One Direction). Anyway she is incredibly nice and good. We are getting along amazingly.  The apartment where I live is beautiful. I’ll send you pictures.

You know, some girls were bitchy with me today. Eleanor said it was because they felt threatened by me. But I don’t think so. I am as terrifying and threatening as a baby penguin, literally.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and report in. How is granny doing? Send her my love and tell her I miss her a lot. Send my love to everyone! Hope we can Skype soon! Take care! Love you!

Brittany :)

Eleanor got out of the bathroom and I got in. I took a quick shower just as she had. Half an hour later we were scurrying out the door while laughing out loud like little kids. We got into her car and she drove to the agency. As we got in, we saw Jessica and Georgia getting into the elevator. When they saw us they immediately closed the elevator.

Bitches.

We sighed and nodded, and then walked up the stairs. She walked me to Richard’s office and left me there.

“See you later, Brit!”

“See you later, El.”

With that and a wave we lost sight from each other. I knocked on Richard’s half open door. He saw me and smiled. He waved me in.

“Good morning, Brittany!”

“Good morning, Richard.”

“How is it living with Eleanor?” he politely asked.

“Great.” I thought about it better. “Amazing.”

“I’m glad!”

“So am I.”

“Ready to start?” he inquired as he clasped his hands together and rubbed them eagerly.

“Sure!”

“Okay, let’s go get you a makeover!” he cheered and I had to suppress a laugh at his over enthusiasm.

“Let’s go!” I agreed excitedly though. This was my moment to feel ecstatic about everything. I had only seen this about makeovers in television shows. I never thought I was going to have a makeover. This was so awesome and exciting! I felt overwhelmed by a swarm of emotions.

“Wilhelmina will come with us. She knows everything a human being has to know about fashion. She will help you get your sex appeal top notch and that will help you book jobs,” Richard explained as we walked side to side towards the elevator.

“Really?”

“You have no idea. In this business image is everything.”

“Everything?”

“Everything,” he confirmed and I gulped, involuntarily looking down to my appearance.

We walked out of the elevator and into another office. It was painted with an electric red that made you go blind. Eleanor had warned me about this. But I had no idea this was as literal as she said. I thought she was overreacting. But no, she was not.

“Good morning,” Richard said. I was behind him. A really, really fashionable woman in her late forties was standing inside, staring through the window out into the beautiful city of London. Her blonde hair cascaded down to her back and it looked flawless enough to make me feel self-conscious about the mess of a bun I had mine up into. She was stunning in her black heels and her yellow dress. My jaw dropped as I took in her look. She turned around to follow Richard’s voice.

“Richard!” she chirped and motioned to him.

“Wilhelmina!” Richard said and then they kissed each other’s cheek the way preppy, rich, important people do. I suddenly felt out of place. My black skirt and lose white top suddenly did not match the red heels at all.

“And who’s this?” Wilhelmina asked, taking a look at me up and down. I felt like a guinea pig being studied. Her facial expression was unreadable.

“This is our newest model, Brittany. She is eighteen and from Canada.” Then, Richard turned to me. “Brittany, this is Wilhelmina,” he introduced.

“Hi. Nice to meet you,” I mumbled, extending my hand to greet her. She totally ignored it and continued to study me. I awkwardly retreated my hand and frowned. She walked around me. I stood there in her office oddly as she studied me as if I was a slave she was going to buy.

I honestly thought in any minute she was going to open my mouth to take a look at my molars and decide if I was worth her money. But it was kind of like that. She was probably making sure if I was worth her time and effort.

“Hmm…”

Richard remained silent as she continued to examine me. Finally she returned her brown gaze to Richard. “How did you find her? She is from the other side of the world.”

Her British accent was strong and defined. She did not seem a joker. She seemed intimidating. I gulped. Was she going to send me back to Canada?! I had only been here two days!

“Her grandmother, I think, sent me some pictures of her. She is raw material. The good kind.”

“It was actually my brother,” I spoke up. Neither of them acknowledged me as she only nodded in understanding at Richard.

“Hmm…interesting.” She turned to face me. “You have a lot to thank your granny, young lady.”

“It was my brother,” I corrected again.

She ignored me once again and extended her hand in greeting. I awkwardly took it and shook it. She took a step towards me. “I like her hair,” she noted, talking to Richard.

“She is pretty, isn’t she?” he asked proudly.

“We don’t have pretty here, Richard. We have beautiful,” Wilhelmina chided rather harshly. I felt my body grow stiffer. My heart was about to bump out of my chest and run away. What was that supposed to mean?!

She stroked my hair and, to my surprise, smiled. “You have a nice taste in fashion, Brittany.” Oh lord! She actually remembered my name?!

“Thanks,” I managed to breathe out.

“Stop being shy. You have to step up in this fashion or it will step on you,” she scolded as she glared at me, her eyes turning into venomous slits.

“Oh, sorry.”

“And don’t say sorry! Don’t even be sorry!”

“Oh…okay…”

“And always be confident of yourself.”

“Okay.”

“Put your head up,” she demanded, lifting my chin roughly. If I was not scared before, I absolutely was now. I needed Eleanor by my side to prevent this woman from killing me.

“I think it’s time to go,” Richard snapped sharply. What the heck with this people?! I sighed and walked after them, knowing they held my future in their hands and it was better if I ducked my head and followed their lead.