30 - I Wanna Know What Love Is

In my life there's been heartache and pain. i don't know if I can face it again. 

*knock* *knock*

Jackson’s jaw opened widely as Brittany opened the door. She smiled warmly at him, taking in how handsome he looked. Maybe neither of them knew that the other one was stunned at how good they looked. None of them said anything for a while. They just stood there, with him out of the apartment and her inside of it, just gazing at each other. It was one of those moments in which no one else is supposed to be there because they would ruin the magic of it.

“You look stunning,” Jackson breathed out, staring up and down at Brittany. It just sort of blurted out of his mouth, he could not stop it, but surprisingly he did not want to.

He was taking all them to the event, to prevent any problems from happening. Jessica and Georgia had already been picked up, they were inside his car, waiting outside, for he was sure neither they wanted to go up to Eleanor and Brittany’s apartment nor these last two wanted them there.

He had left them there, waiting, in an effort to avoid drama on such a lovely day. He did not look all bad himself, with his light salmon suit, black shirt, shoes and belt. He looked very stylish and handsome. He probably did not realize how good he looked but he did know girls were all over him, even if he did not show it. It was annoying to some point, for he was not interested in any of them, at least not really. But what he knew better than anything right now, was that Brittany looked really good. She looked like British royalty. And if you are British, you know that is a huge thing to say.

“Thanks, you look pretty good yourself. I had never seen that color of suit!” Brittany finally answered.

She had been taken aback by Jackson’s compliment. She was very afraid he would just hurt her the way everyone else was lately. But there was something in him that made her feel he was not going to hurt her. But it might just be a mirage.

Jackson smiled. He wanted so bad to know what was going on inside her mind, but he could not just ask. “Just for you,” he said with a wink.

Brittany blushed and Eleanor stood up behind her, wondering what Jackson’s intentions with Brittany were. She took one last glance of herself at the mirror and then cleared her throat. Brittany and Jackson stared at her and she walked past them, trying to avoid eye contact, for she had just ruined a couple moment.

She felt bad about it, but at the end, who knew if she was actually making Brittany a favor? You never really finish knowing people. There is always something new about them. She knows it better than anyone. She stood in the hallway, for they did not move, just stared at the floor and the ceiling respectively.

“Can we go now?” She raised her arms frustrated. They were going to be late. And having to be in the same car with Georgia and Jessica was bad enough already.

“Sure.” Jackson got his hands into his pockets, returned his look to Brittany and smiled an award-winning smile. Then he looked back at Eleanor.He studied her for a while. “Looking good, Eleanor,” he complimented with a smile and a nod.

“Thanks.” Eleanor started to get impatient by their patience and started to make her way down the stairs.

“But not as good as you,” Jackson whispered into Brittany’s ear. Brittany smiled and fixed her dress. She was very nervous about tonight. Anything could happen. This was her first time at an important and fashionable event, so she had no idea of how to act, literally.