❥Chapter 39

I made it to the group just as Lori and my dad stepped out of the car

I made it to the group just as Lori and my dad stepped out of the car. Carl was still a couple of paces behind me. The adults rush over to them and check on Lori. I stayed back until I saw the blood on her head.

"God, are you all right? What happened?" Andrea asked, approaching Lori.

"I was in an accident." She simply replied.

I pushed my way to be in front of Lori. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Lori reassured us. Only for my dad to do the opposite by telling us she was attacked by walkers, but Lori brushed it aside and asked us a question we didn't know how to answer, "Where's Rick? They're not back? Where are they?"

"Look, I had to get you back here." my dad explained, admitting that he lied to Lori in order for her to come back with him.

"You asshole. He's my husband." She stated, pushing at him.

"Lori, I will go after him. I will find him. now look, first things first, I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?" he stated.

"Dad!" I yelled. No one else was supposed to know yet. Lori hadn't even told Carl, and I didn't even know if Rick knew.

"You're having a baby?" Carl's voice came from behind us making me cringe. I turned to him to the look of betrayal on his face. He was upset that he had to find out at the same time as everyone else. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Lori looked at her son speechless. Without getting a response, Carl walked away with me following quickly behind. "Carl!"

He didn't answer me, but continued to walk to the Greene's house. "Carl, wait!"

He walked into the guest room where he stayed while he recovered from the gunshot. He sat on the bed and stared at me. "Wait for what? She's pregnant and she didn't even tell me."

"I- Maybe she had a good reason." I nervously twisted a strand of my hair through my fingers. Carl took notice and looked at me suspiciously.

"Did you know?" He questioned, standing and walking towards me.

"What? No, I mean-" I stated, backing away and tripping over my shoes and falling into a chair. "Okay, yes I knew. But I wasn't supposed to know. I found out accidentally. I wanted to tell you, but I was sworn to secrecy."

He nodded slowly, "I'm not mad at you. I understand. I just wish she would've told me. Sometimes I just wish they'd stop treating me like a kid and tell me things."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I stated, putting a hand on his shoulder. He nodded and went to speak when Andrea stuck her head in the door.

"Hey. Lori wanted me to come get you guys. She wants to talk." She stated. Carl and I quietly stood up and followed her out of the guest room and into the living room where almost everyone was seated.